What's the catch on the Roland VR-09?

Reaction score
Does what the Hammond SK-1 does, what the Nord Electro does, sounds quite decent, plus a synth section with parameters. As I hear it, you can now download the SuperNatural sounds. And it goes fro 750$ on eBay, half of what an Electro goes for? What's the catch?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The VR-09 seems to sell for $899 new, even though the MSRP is $1165. It's pretty common for stores to sell a keyboard for a good bit less than its MSRP. (Personally, I think most keyboards' MSRPs look rather inflated.)

If you're seeing the VR-09 for $750 on eBay then presumably you're looking at a used item, restocked item, or refurbished item. A store will often have some specific policy for determining the prices of restocked or refurbished items-- e.g., they might knock off 10% for restocked items, or 20% for refurbished items.

I saw a used VR-09 listed on Craigslist for $700, but it's been sold already!

Reaction score
There's no catch, I mucked around with one at a music shop the other day. A cool 'board, sounds great, super easy to use. Trying to convince a mate to buy one - he would love it.

You'll find that the Hammond and Nord will sound more "authentic" to most people's ears, plus they'd have a better build quality. They're amazing 'boards, but that doesn't mean the Roland is rubbish.

Ask a Question