What's this?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The only "Superior" thing about the CTX line was the sample memory, and even that couldn't hold a candle to comparable offerings from Roland, Korg and Yamaha. :p

What drove the last nail into the coffin for me was the lack of connectivity they cheaped out on. No MIDI DIN ports. No proper line outs. They went from Prosumer to Toymaker in one swift swoop the day those turds rolled out on the showroom floor. :p

If they ever do a re-release of their old CZ line, I'd be the first one to drop $400 on it, but otherwise, Casio is pretty much dead to me these days.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I stated above that NAMM moved to June, jeez....

The CT-X3000/5000 is largely superior, except for the fact they took the sliders off. Had they not done that, the CT-X5000 would have been somewhere between a Korg PA300 and PA700, which cost $1000 and $1700, respectively. Just asinine.
Depends upon your definition of largely superior.

I bought a CTX5000 as a stop gap arranger.

It arrived one Friday and was collected as a return on the Monday.

What a load of rubbish it was, Keybed was just OK, sounds were pretty good but way short of Yamaha or Korg standards, inbuilt sound volume settings for the Styles were inconsistent with some soft others too loud, but worst of all was the flaky OS that would not remember user saves consistently.

The only other Casio’s I have tried were the S1000 and very briefly the S3000, the S1000 was OK but behind Yamaha and Roland in keyboard feel and the quality of the onboard sounds.

So not overly impressed with Casio.

I would like to have a longer session on the S3000 to hear its arranger features in action

Reaction score
I stated above that NAMM moved to June, jeez....

The CT-X3000/5000 is largely superior, except for the fact they took the sliders off. Had they not done that, the CT-X5000 would have been somewhere between a Korg PA300 and PA700, which cost $1000 and $1700, respectively. Just asinine.
I own both of them - the CTK-7200 is a better keyboard than the CTX-5000. Period. And this isn't just my opinion - it is also audiences opinions. I am replying to Biggles, why would this be asinine? I also own a Korg PA300 - great board - far better than the CTX-5000.

Ask a Question