What's wrong with the sound of my keyboard?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

as you know, I love playing but my keyboard is doing really weird!
A while ago, he made weird sounds when I pressed some keys. Not all of them. It's hard to discribe, maybe you know what I mean?

It's only if I press a few keys
If I press 2 keys, their comes a really weird sound out of it. Just like something is damaged?!

It were only a few keys, so it didn't disturb me or something. That was 3 months ago.
No I'm playing a midi-version of "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" by Frozen (I just love that movie and the songs!)
And now, when I press some keys, it just sounds horrible! The sound isn't right!
Not all of the keys have it, but it ruïnes the whole song! It annoys me!
And I don't know what it is!

Hope this was clear enough, it's hard to tell. Do you know what it is? If you need some details, just ask me.

Thanx already!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Try posting an MP3 audio file or better yet a youtube video of the problem to give us more info.

"weird sound" is not much to go on.

Gary

Reaction score
Hey Doctor, I have this pain, but it comes and goes and I don't know where it is. On Mondays it is far worse than Fridays. It is a really weird pain. Gee Doc, I hope that you can help diagnose what it might be. Do you think I'll need surgery?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think Gary has the right idea-- try to make an audio recording, or possibly a video, of yourself playing the keyboard so we can see and hear what you're talking about.

By the way, are you still playing your younger sister's discarded MK-2054, or did you get a keyboard of your own-- and if so, what did you get?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hey Doctor, I have this pain, but it comes and goes and I don't know where it is. On Mondays it is far worse than Fridays. It is a really weird pain. Gee Doc, I hope that you can help diagnose what it might be. Do you think I'll need surgery?

To be fair Dave, a lot of people who post on these forums don't even speak English as a native language. For all we know this post could be the result of a Google Translation.

Not much point in ragging on the quality of the post if you don't know the poster's native language or their equipment unless you ask for pertinent details.

Gary

Fin

Reaction score
I had similar things with one of my old keyboards. Never figured it out. It could just be the amp/speaker, not the keyboard itself.

Ask a Question