When i plug my headphones into YPT-210 keyboard sound only comes out of one headphon

Reaction score
what is the problem?! i made sure my headphones were plugged in all the way.. they are. i have professional headphones that aren't broken or anything. and there is no balance feature on the keyboard.. im stumped.

Reaction score
Seems to me like the headphones are broken. This has happened to me twice, once with a pair of earplugs and another time with headphones. The cause was repeated concussions.

The only other way you get sound from just one side is when you haven't plugged them in properly, but since you're certain that you have, I'm guessing you accidentaly dropped them on the floor or something and broke them that way. =/

You could try the phones on another keyboard, just to see whether there's a problem with the phones or the keyboard.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
are you using a mono big - small jack with the headphones? I'm not sure that even makes a difference though...

Reaction score
You can't tell they are faulty just by looking at them. You need to try them in another device, phone, hifi, tablet, pc etc.

If they are ok on another device, then you almost certainly have a defective input socket on your YPT-210. Try another pair of phones in it. Even a cheap supermarket pair will tell you immediately if it's working properly or not.

If not, then a wire has probably broken or come loose between the headphone plug and the side of the headphone that has no sound. If the plug unscrews then check it out first. You may need to resolder the connection/s. Doesn't matter how pro the headphones are.... They break. Nothing is perfect.

I've got a set of headphones I've had for 20 years plus. £10 new they cost me. They've outlasted several Pro ones.

Last edited:

Ask a Question