WHERE IS CODE OF KEYBOARD IS STORED IN DESKTOP?

Reaction score
Hello,
where is code of ps2 usb keyboard is stored in computer?
i want to study which language is it?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question.

As far as USB-MIDI drivers, each keyboard might have its own driver that needs to be installed, unless it's MIDI class-compliant and can be use the computer's default USB-MIDI driver.

But if you mean the format of the MIDI data that the keyboard uses when communicating with a computer or other MIDI-capable devices, the documentation for the MIDI "language" is available from https://www.midi.org/, although each manufacturer might have their own set of System Exclusive (or "SysEx") messages that they use, along with "Sequencer-Specific Meta Events" that might be specific to a particular keyboard model or line of related models. Usually a manufacturer will have documents or manuals which are specific to each of their keyboard models, and if the keyboard is MIDI-capable then one or more of these documents will usually include a "MIDI implementation" chart that shows which types of MIDI messages the keyboard can recognize and respond to, as well as more detailed descriptions of the parameter values used by those messages.

If you want to see the MIDI data that's being output by a given MIDI keyboard instrument or MIDI controller, you can use a MIDI monitor to view the data. Most DAW software programs include a MIDI monitor function, or you can use a dedicated MIDI monitoring utility such as MIDI-OX to view the data.

If you can restate your request more explicitly, we might have a better idea of how to answer you. :)

Reaction score
OK, I'm not sure I understand your question.

HELLO,
I HAVE AMD DESKTOP i want to see the code in desktop how it work?

Reaction score
Ritesh,

You're talking about this:

tumblr_oloa8hL0O11ual3guo1_400.jpg

However we prefer to talk about this:

tumblr_oloa96VbkG1ual3guo1_540.jpg

So you probably should visit this:

https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums

Good luck!

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Even if you could find the code on the computer, it would probably be the compiled code, and not the source code. It is difficult to determine the source code language from the compiled code.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually the code controlling the IBM PC keyboard is located in the system's BIOS anyway.

Chances are that it's pure assembly language so the only way to look at it is with either a Monitor program or a Disassembler.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
... Unless he means the code that the keyboard's key matrix sends to the computer, not the programming code. I'm not sure what it's called-- not ASCII, Unicode, etc., but hardware codes that the computer translates into character information-- e.g., the Shift and Alt and Ctrl keys send codes of their own to indicate that they're pressed, thus affecting the way the computer translates the codes from the alphanumeric keys into the proper characters.

But yeah, this is the wrong forum for that type of keyboard and discussion topic, except maybe if you want to use your computer keyboard to play the notes on a virtual instrument's keyboard, etc. I did see "PS2," but didn't want to assume anything, since there was a PS-2 musical keyboard once upon a time...

upload_2017-2-20_12-50-58.png

Ask a Question