Where to buy songbook downloads?

Reaction score
Over the years I've bought lots of songbooks but would like to be able to download direct to my iPad. I'm obviously not looking to get stuff for free but can someone pse point me in the right direction? I've used Sheet Music direct but these seem to be mainly individual numbers. I should say that I need top-line melody and chord symbols. My interest is standards 1930-1960.
Thanks in advance.
M

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I've seen a few advertisements for songbooks on CD-- i.e., like software. But I never tried any of them.

Reaction score
In response to my own inquiry, I've come across musicnotes.com and this gives you notation that will go straight into an iPad without scanning a hard copy to a PDF. There are a lot of songs in their list but many are with full notation and chords. For my purposes basic lead sheets are preferable.
Further comments greatly appreciated.
M

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip ... I've looked and there's certainly some good stuff on that site. However, it does all seem to be in book form, whereas I'm after fake books and the like that will go straight into an iPad. I don't know why publishers don't make PDF CDs of their books that would go into Acrobat Reader and thence to an iPad. Just about every busker is now using an iPad or some other tablet.
M

Ask a Question