Where to find backing tracks without keyboard/piano in them?

Reaction score
Hey

Anyone know a good site that has backing tracks that have a full band but with the keyboard/piano removed?

Preferably a link to free tracks would be ideal, but if anyone can suggest a good site i'd be very appreciative as I've struggled to find any decent ones that have a lot of keyboard player specific tracks.

Cheers

LeCatnip

Reaction score
Hello Lecatnip,

If your backing track has piano, the simplest thing to do is to delete the piano track, or just turn it off.

Pat

Reaction score
Hello Catnip,

Might I suggest you check out jammit.com? They licensed the actual multitrack masters and provide keyboard versions for many classic tunes. The downside, you have to pay for the tracks. But hey, it's a great way to support some of our musical heroes!

Regards,
Gord

Reaction score
If you need this to play over a learned song that has keyboard in it, sometimes you just have to pan the sound to get rid of the keys part(depends of the studio work and era of recording of the song I imagine...)...but it's a cheaper trick for sure!!!

Reaction score
I play keys with just a bass and drum backing track. Its not midi, real bass and drums recorded on hundreds of songs. Haven't found anything out there better. Great quality. In fact other than midi type stuff haven't found any sites with just bass and drums. If anyone knows of other sites please post. The site is http://www.drumandbasstracks.com Most sites I've found are gears towards guitar.

Rupert
RD-700gx, CP-33

Reaction score
I am Jim McCarty, owner, engineer and drummer of the site mentioned in the above post, Drum And Bass Tracks (see URL above as this is my first post and I'm not allowed to post URLs yet...)

If you have any questions about my tracks I would be happy to answer them either on this forum or if you would like to contact me on my website.

Best regards,

Jim

PS - Thanks for your post Rupert! Much appreciated.

Reaction score
I once found the REAL Stevie Wonder band backing tracks for SUPERSTITIONS !! all the horn dudes,drums .added my own funky clavs and had a ball.It's out there somewhere .http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/ might have been where I git it ,,There you can pay a small fee and be able to mute or mix whatever part you want in or out.Good stuff there !I just do my own thing for the most part .

Ask a Question