Where to purchase Yamaha P125

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order the Yamaha P125 digital piano. I usually order electronics from Amazon, but perhaps I should consider ordering from an authorized Yamaha store like Sweetwater or Kraft Music. (I believe Amazon is authorized, also). I'd be interested in recommendations, positive or negative about either of these stores, particularly regarding the value of dealing with them for service versus dealing directly with Yamaha if I have a problem.
Perry

Reaction score
There is added value in buying from a dedicated Music Store, in particular tech help from the instore staff which just is not there with Amazon.

Personally I tend to buy local but I am lucky to have a lot of music stores within a 3/4 hour drive.

Any specific reason why you are looking to buy a P125?

Reaction score
I want to be able to use the keyboard in the living room with a furniture-style stand and use the onboard speakers. The P125 has a weighted keyboard and a reasonable selection of voices. What would you suggest as an alternative?

Reaction score
I want to be able to use the keyboard in the living room with a furniture-style stand and use the onboard speakers. The P125 has a weighted keyboard and a reasonable selection of voices. What would you suggest as an alternative?

Reaction score
I just sold the 73 key version of the P125.

It has a good keybed, the instrument sounds are limited in numbers:-
Pianos are pretty good
Electric pianos good
Organs just OK
Strings, strained
Others not so good.

Onboard drum rhythms, very limited

Layers, limited to two

Splits, defaults with Bass.

An App is available to set up EQ, Splits, Layers etc and to save the Registration on the Tablet, there is no Registration save function in the DP.

Do note that that is just my own opinion based on having the DP for nearly 15 months.

What I miss is an auto accompaniment feature as found on an Arranger but I prefer 88 weighted keys so options are (1) Yamaha DGX 670 (2) Casio PX S3000 (3) Korg XE20 and this is one if the reasons I sold it, the other is that there were simply not enough instrument sounds.

The Yamaha DGX has hundreds of sounds, multiple layers, a good array of drum rhythms and auto accompaniment, plus its a brand new design. It can save Registrations in essentially a Songbook so you select the saved song and the DGX is all configured and ready to play. Also available with custom stand and three pedal unit.

Similar functions on the Casio and Korg, but take a serious look at the Casio, its slim, sleek and much smaller bodied and in a living room environment it may be the better choice.

Hence if having a backing is important to you, forget a P series.

Reaction score
After comparing the DGX with the P125, I see your point. The DGX670 was just announced and does not seem to be shipping by anyone yet. If you were going to get on a store's waiting list, who would you choose?

Reaction score
Sorry, Biggles, I see you're in the UK, so I shouldn't ask you about US retailers. I'm hearing 1 or 2 months from some stores.

Ask a Question