Which one keyboard should I buy yamaha PSR-E423, psr e333, Psr I 425

Reaction score
Hi
I have read the PDF keyboard guide but I am not familiar with many of the terms used in the book. I am sorry, I have no knowledge of terms being used in the music industry. I want to play new age type of music because I love musician like kitaro,Phil Thornton etc. I just want to get started learning keyboard. I have a budget around 15000-25000 INDIAN Rupees. Please suggest me any good keyboard. I have checked these three PSR-E423, PSR e333, PSR I 425 keyboards so far and a bit confused which one should I buy. Please help me buying a good keyboard.

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
A keyboard player that I work with often recently purchased the Yamaha PSR-E423. The manual shows Indian drum styles. Not all keyboards have Indian drum styles. Is there a particular term that you do not understand?

Reaction score
@YeahDolt
Thanks for replying
I am here referring to the PDF guide available here https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/the-which-keyboard-should-i-get-overview-read-first.21974/ . By terms I am referring to the terms mentioned in this book like
"the entry level Yamaha PSR series) have only 2 style variations, 1 intro and 1 outro variations"
You can't use multiple sounds at once apart from 2 sounds layering and splitting
sampling.

I am sorry, I know nothing about music.
Thank you.

The Y_man

Reaction score
@YeahDolt
Thanks for replying
I am here referring to the PDF guide available here https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/the-which-keyboard-should-i-get-overview-read-first.21974/ . By terms I am referring to the terms mentioned in this book like
"the entry level Yamaha PSR series) have only 2 style variations, 1 intro and 1 outro variations"
You can't use multiple sounds at once apart from 2 sounds layering and splitting
sampling.

I am sorry, I know nothing about music.
Thank you.

Don't worry - those things are about technology than music.

In Yamaha language, "style" = "backing drums, base and instruments" (accompaniment to what you play)
2 variations (while playing), 1 intro (for beginning of playing) and 1 ending is normal for most keyboards in this price range.

Layering is where you play one key, but sounds from 2 instrument come out (eg piano + violin)
Splitting is where the upper half of the keyboard has different sound to lower half.

I think these make much more sense once you have played around on it.

I would go the 423 than 333 as it has more different instruments and accompaniment patterns.
No idea about the 425 - I assume it is a local special.

The Y-man

Reaction score
I did a bit more research

http://asia.yamaha.com/en/products/...digitalkeyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-i425/

The i425 is specially built with more indian instruments and backing music than the "normal" ones.

If you feel you would use more indian flavour, go the 425.

Demo on youtube:

The Y-man
No, I will not use Indian flavor much. I think PSR E-423 will be well suited for me to get started. I mostly want to play new age type of music.The music video like below.

Reaction score
Thanks goldi
I have checked these websites but they don't have the PSR -E433. I hope it will be available soon in india.

Reaction score
Yes,
I have send 2-3 sellers email and one of the seller said it will be available soon and they will let me know when it is available.

Reaction score
I have the PSR-E423 and for the money I find it to be a great keyboard and the new E433 looks even better.

For someone learning you can't go wrong with this keyboard.

Reaction score
I have finally bought the PSR i455 it has everything E433 has but also have some additional indian voices.

Ask a Question