Which PC Sound card is best for music creation???

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha YPG-525 and a Casio CTK-591 and a Hammond XK-1 with the Hammond XPK-100 pedal board and I have been having some trouble getting it all hooked up to my PC. I don't have enough inputs and outputs to hook it all up without pyramiding 1/8 splitter jacks and running some crazy octopus looking wire system just to get it to kind of work. Now I am getting all sorts of weird background noises and fm sounds and hissing and pops......just enough to be annoying. I was looking at replacing my sound card and I found the M-audio 1010L and it seems like it's up to the task but I was just wondering if anybody has set up multiple keyboards and which method was used and if a sound card was added, which one might be the best for this type of set up??
I would still like to be able to hook up my microphone headset for online gaming and chat so I wasn't sure if switching to the M-audio sound card would still allow me to do this??
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Reaction score
Yes that is correct........I noticed that the sound card I was looking at from M-audio did not have any 1/8 jacks on it, even though it does have so many other connections for music creation for pc connectivity.....that was my only concern but I was also wondering if anybody else had tried any other sound cards or similar hook ups. Thx so much for the thread, I will take a look at it soon.

Reaction score
I've decided to go with a mixer to handle all my connection issues and then I will have just 1 input in to the computer for recording, editing and making mp3's to burn to audio discs after. After seeing what's out there I can get a better deal on a mixer and then I have much more flexibility to make adjustments on the fly. I wish I had thought of it sooner :)
Thx for the thread Webmaster.......that was very helpful indeed and that's what made me re think everything again and come up with my current plan :)
I hope this helps some one else at some point too......thanks again

Reaction score
Synth Module

Hi!! I have a keyboard module (roland jv1080) and I dont now how I shall shift between the synth sound and the module sound, so I can play whit the synth sound then and the module sound next riff. I hope someone now :) please help me.!! thanks..

Ask a Question