Which stage piano should I buy?

Reaction score
I'm looking into purchasing a new stage piano, and I think I have narrowed it down to three:

Korg SV-1
Kawai MP7
Roland RD 300-NX

I'm looking to spend around £1,000 - £1,300, but am willing to exceed this if I think it would be worth it. If anyone has any suggestions on which route I should take, or perhaps a digital piano I haven't mentioned, I would really appreciate your input. I am specifically after something that has weighted keys, good quality, portable (as I will be gigging with this instrument) and something that is all round a great stage piano. I will needing a large variety of sounds too, so EP's, Clavs, Organs, Synths, the lot.

Thank you in advance for your input.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No comment on the 3 you mentioned, but I'd suggest taking a close look at the Casio PX-5S. One of the best hammer actions out there and it's taking the stage piano world by storm these days.

Reaction score
I agree with Gary, the PX5S is one of the best piano deals going these days. It is actually a strong
synthesizer that happens to have great pianos/EPs/clavs.. The organ is not the strong point on the PX5S, but is still usable. Don

Ask a Question