Whitch keyboard should I buy? :)

Reaction score
Hi!
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I have played classical piano for a while and want to take playing and composing to the next level by buying a keyboard. I am very fond of the progressive metal genre, with bands as Dream Theater, Eumeria, Myrath and Opeth and want something in that direction. I still want a keyboard I could play genres like classical and jazz on. I want 88 NH keys.
I have been recommended the Korg Krome 88 and do not want anything more expensive.Would you guys/girls recommend the same or do you recommend something else? :) c

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Firstly, welcome aboard. :)

Dream Theater is the only one in that list of bands of whom I've heard, but I'm also a big progressive rock fan. Thanks for the additional groups to add to my Amazon wishlist.

Anyway, considering Jordan Rudess is the spokesman for Korg as well as the star of Dream Theater I'd have to say either a Krome or Kronos 88 would be a good way for you to go.

Then again Rudess plays the Kronos so the Krome might be a step down in playability if you're looking for certain specific sounds. Then again he played a lot of his best stuff on the older Oasys.

So if you're looking to save a few bux perhaps check out your local craigslist for a used Oasys 88 and then you'll have a top of the line for a middle of the road price, just slightly "pre-loved" ;)

That's my $0.02

Gary

PS (Look around. Who knows? You might already be finding used Kronos on craigslist as well these days. Not everyone is always smitten with bleeding edge technology and sometimes you can capitalize on someone else's buyer's remorse.)

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for both good advices and such quick response! :)Is craiglist a shop? I am not quite sure if it exists in Norway :p
But are those keyboards very complicated to work with? I am not exactly a master with technology, hehe. Though, I am sure I would manage to get used to them after a while :p

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Craigslist is a buy and sell classified website which operates everywhere in the civilized world.

Here's the Norwegian Craigslist

http://oslo.en.craigslist.org/

You could also consider Ebay for your search

As for complex, yes there's a learning curve, but all it takes is a well written manual and some effort to get past that.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You could also check out the other eurozone craigslists and ebays to find a deal on a used Oasys 88 or Kronos 88 or M3 88.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's also this guy who advertises here in the classifieds section of Keyboardforums who goes by the skype name of e1mediainc

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/korg-pa800-pro-arranger-for-sale-600.24986/

I dunno if he is legit or not but his skype ID comes up as being ES which I'm guessing is Spain.

It'd be up to you if you trusted him enough to deal with him online or whether or not it would be worth a trip to Spain to pick one up.

Gary

PS. Personally though I wouldn't buy online from anyone who is not a reputable dealer in my own country but I know things swing differently in the EU. At least not if I couldn't see the merchandise before I hand over my credit card.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah, I see! Again thanks for all the good advices, I really appreciate it! I will definitely check out the possibilities.

Johan Christian

Ask a Question