Who are your favorite Pianists / Keyboard Players?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My vote goes to everyone mentioned so far. And let's not forget his lordship, Elton John and Jools Holland from Squeeze. Honorable mention goes to Herbie Hancock, Eumir Deodato, Jean Michel Jarre, Glen Gould and Oscar Peterson. While we're at it, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.

Truth be told there are simply so many greats from the past 6 decades, all of whom could teach any one of us a thing or two about writing music and tickling the ivories.

Keyboards are always underrated in most bands, but over the years, many great performers have become stars and if this thread is to be at all accurate and comprehensive I could probably come up with a hundred names. :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Who I admired and copied as a kid (well, I gave it a damn good try) : Richard Claydermann, Jean-Michel Jarre, Yvan Guilini (I'm sure nobody will know this last one)
Whom I aspire to : Rachmaninov and Chopin
Very honorable mentions : Elton John, Billy Joel, Randy Newman...

And so many others...

Reaction score
Huge Keith Emerson fan, but love all the old 70's prog and some newer stuff. Wakeman, Wonder, Hancock, Rudess, Ryo Okumoto of Spock's Beard, Erik Norlander...

Reaction score
Some great names so far.

Jordan Rudess came up on another forum where there has been a lot of chat about a certain iPad App. Here is JR using said App to pretty good effect.

Ask a Question