who inspired you to play?

Reaction score
who inspired you to play?
or
who is ur fav player?
my fav players are beethoven and elton john
elton john definitely inspired me to play. he's just so good and i love his style of playing.

Reaction score
For me, mostly inspired from particular songs. Currently, I don't have a particular player in my mind.

Reaction score
I'm inspired 'cause I love music and I want to understand it in a better way.
Erez Aizen inspired me to play piano.
Dave Mustaine inspired me to play guitar.

Reaction score
My babysitter!

I used to play relatively childish piano pieces at the time - not odd considering my age being about 7 or 8. But, well, I clearly remember the one evening when he played 'Isn't she lovely' on our HP136. That was such a wow-experience, and I instantly decided that I, when the time was right, would play that very same song as well as my babysitter did. Here I am now, and I'm probably better than my babysitter will ever be. Odd, eh? ;)

Reaction score
Billy & Elton - they were (are) gods to me, esp. when I was a kid in the 70's + early 80's... :)

Reaction score
I must say no person or band inspired me to start learning piano. I started with the sax when I was in fifth grade just because. As I was going through highschool my interest in music kept growing. I borrowed a PoS keyboard from a friend and decided I was gonna teach myself keys. I do remember the first song I ever tried learning was Styx's "Castle Walls". I love that song! Of course, once I got to know more of theory, I found out my attempts were completely wrong. (I didn't have a copy of the song at the time either. I was going off memory alone.) I'm completely self-taught and playing in a band I love! But my two main influences would have to be Kevin Moore, the original keyboardist for Dream Theater, and Jordan Rudess, the current DT keyboardist.

Reaction score
Billy & Elton - they were (are) gods to me, esp. when I was a kid in the 70's + early 80's... :)

Must second that one 100%... but dang, it's hard to find a band that wants to do that stuff. All most of them ever want is a monkey to fatten up their guitar-driven CRAP by holding down Hammond chords while they solo all over you.

Reaction score
Must second that one 100%... but dang, it's hard to find a band that wants to do that stuff. All most of them ever want is a monkey to fatten up their guitar-driven CRAP by holding down Hammond chords while they solo all over you.

Ha ha - so funny (and true)... but if you sing and you can sell it good, they usually let a few of the good ones (songs) in. :D

EJFan - you're from Jersey... where? (forgive me if I've asked before - mushbrains lately) - - I'm outside Morristown. :cool:

Reaction score
Myself really, nobody in my family plays an instruments, we just had a keyboard laying around. Picked it up and played. I listened to alot of music so i guess my fav. music inspired me.

Ask a Question