Why am I posting this picture?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I'm back!:eek:

Had a blast!
Not one for posting pics 'n all and I do not wish to rave on and bore everyone.

But i do have a couple of stories to tell from my cruise related to music.

Watch this space.:D

Just catching up on the messages for now and other posts on the forums. Also some work emails and unpacking.:(

Catch you on the flip side.:)

Ray

Reaction score
Welcome back.

We have only been on one ocean going cruise, it was more like a cruise of all the United Nations and every announcement was made in English, French, Italian, German, Greek, Spanish and Portugese.

I almost wet myself when I heard a rather self centered Yank ask

...... what time is the Midnight Buffet.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Just catching up on the messages for now and other posts on the forums. Also some work emails and unpacking.:(

Welcome back! It was quieter here without you. :)

As for unpacking, I shouldn't embarrass myself (although it's such fun), but I must confess that whenever I had to travel for business I would often leave my suitcases packed-- not necessarily so there wouldn't be as much packing to do for the next trip, but just because there were always much more enjoyable things to do instead I'm lazy.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I said I was not going to rave on about my trip. But if I could just make mention that since Queen is topical . .Carnival put on a Freddie Mercury tribute show for us passengers. . Absolutely fabulous! The sound system and lighting effects on the ship are amazing.

I was a little disappointed with some of the other music around the ship except for a Vilolin Trio. They were special. The piano bar was okay too. But but the rock band was Crackin' Great! The rock band on board consisted of male and female vocal, lead guitar, bass, drums and keyboard. They played many popular songs deep purple, eagles, queen, zeppelin etc. . Get the picture eh!
Awesome sound and super talented.
They call themselves "Kraken".
The reason I mention them is because I mingled a little with some of the band between sessions. Very nice people.
I invited the keyboardist, Rodrigo to join the forums. He said he would like to. He showed keeness but it may not happen for awhile since his current contract is demanding. Anyway we will see. So I told him to look for subject KRAKEN. I intend to create a new subject in the Roland forum since that is what he plays on stage on the ship.
Rodrigo's playing technique is special to my eyes and ears and he is a man of many talents even off the ship. I truly hope he joins us since he could offer some good advice for the amateurs amongst us.
Here is a link to his profile . . www.rodrigoandreiuk.com
Here is a pic of his rig on The Carnival Legend.
IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0573.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG

Some trivia . .
Carnival have regular auditions to get the best musicians on board. They select each artist and introduce each other to see if compatibility exists. They got it completely right with Kraken and the combination produces an awesome sound. Kraken just formed their band last month. They rehearsed at Florida for a month and flew to Melbourne (Aust.) to start their contact cruising.
That is how Carnival does it. So in fact Carnival creates bands.
Cheers for now,

Ray

Reaction score
Carnival have regular auditions to get the best musicians on board. They select each artist and introduce each other to see if compatibility exists.
I was chatting to a rock band guitarist working on a Carnival ship going back maybe two years ago and he told me the same thing. An additional interesting bit of information is that his audition was conducted via Skype - as these musicians come from all over the world. He was English but the rest of his band were Canadians and Americans.

Ask a Question