Why Casio doesn't allow 100 user rhythms in digital pianos?

Reaction score
Hi friends

Just wondering.

I'm proud user of Casio WK 6600, and 7600, and the advantage of 100 user rhythms over only 10 is huge.
I'm closely monitoring the development of Casio Arranger pianos , since I'd like to buy one.
But Celviano AP 650 comes with only 10.
The only DP with somewhat more user rhythms slots is Privia PX 560, but it is more a stage than a "home" piano.

I'm just trying to figure WHY?
Is it that complicated to add 90 memory slots in the 21 Century?

M

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The logic behind it is the classification of the WK series as Workstations or Arrangers, while digital pianos are aimed at serious piano students who rely on nothing more than a basic metronome to keep the beat while they play.

Again the PX line are closer to workstations than simple pianos, possessing not only hundreds more rhythms but also hundreds more tones as well as a built in song sequencer.

If Casio was to add workstation features to a Celviano they would lose their snob appeal who to those who don't want all the bells and whistles but want only the best piano sounds possible in an electronic unit.

Honestly Casio offers a wide range of keyboards to suit almost anyone's taste.

If the PX-560 is too expensive for you then look at the PX-360 or PX-160.

Additional features cost extra.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Who knows why companies do what they do.

So many variations of product in a single range with 12 pianos in the Casio range, this has to have an effect of functions with so little difference in cost between one model and the next.

With Casio they have been making musical instruments of various forms since 1980 and lets face it they started off in the children’s market and are struggling to break out of it with their lower prices models. Look at their website and in one section it lists the keyboards in age ranges 0-4 years, 5-10 and 11+. With this sort of mentaility they are hardly going to listen to customer feedback on what users actually would like to have .

At least there are plenty of other makes and permutations out there that may well suit your needs more if you look outside the Casio box.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Back in the 80's Casio had a decent niche in the professional gear market with the CZ series.

It was later they slid into the toy market.

Now they're trying to make a comeback into the professional market.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question