Will my $700.00 AKX10 sound as good and have all the features of my $2200.00 Yamaha PSR SX900?

Reaction score
As soon as I get my AKX10 (tomorrow?) I will start a/b’ing the two and begin the process of answering that! The sounds aspect will just be my opinion and you can take that for what it’s worth but the features will have hopefully be quantifiable. In the end it will mostly Just be my opinion, I suspect your opinion will mean more to you. Lol!

Reaction score
Following with great interest!

I haven't been able to hear them side-by-side in person - but in the last few days since my AKX10 arrived I have watched/listened to every AKX10 and SX700/900 video I could find on YouTube wearing my JBL headphones - and, to me, there is really no comparison.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts having them side-by-side in person.

:)

Reaction score
Following with great interest!

I haven't been able to hear them side-by-side in person - but in the last few days since my AKX10 arrived I have watched/listened to every AKX10 and SX700/900 video I could find on YouTube wearing my JBL headphones - and, to me, there is really no comparison.

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts having them side-by-side in person.

:)
They’re different, each has its strong points. I try not to get too excited over highly compressed videos on the internet, my computer system uses Bose speakers and even they’re not like actually being there.
To me you only have two options:
1-
Keep the AKX10, learn to appreciate its assets and teach me how to overcome its shortcomings or
2-
Return it to the store where you bought it and spend whatever to get that keyboard that makes you feel inspired and like you got what you wanted.

Nobody but you can decide how you should feel about whatever, it’s your music and your money.

Ask a Question