Will the Yamaha L85 Piano Stand work with my Yamaha P80 Keyboard?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your kind help and your dedication to this forum and your fellow musicians. We are indeed a dying breed.

In my apartment, I have a Yamaha P80 digital keyboard. I honestly feel it looks really ugly sitting on the X-shaped Ultimate stand in my living room. It looks like it belongs in a mediocre music venue, not in someone's living room.

I want to buy a stand like this one, which is super-sleek looking and much more fitting for my living room: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...pJAMgwk1UQBYkEbnALa1uLf_FnoxOUV7MBRoCP7jw_wcB

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 3.00.50 AM.png

The only problem is, the stand's specifications indicate that it does not fit the P80, only the P115, P105, P95, and P85.

Can anyone advise on whether or not I can actually fit a Yamaha P80 in this stand? Or if not, are there are any other nice-looking, stylish stands similar to this that will fit the P80?

Once again, much appreciated!
Jeff

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you can't find one off the rack how about building one yourself? A half a sheet of plywood and a few power tools and you could easily build something of better quality than the particle board junk that passes for most furniture these days.

Or ask a friend who's into woodworking if you're not up to the task yourself.

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
If the stand is anything like the one for the DGX-650, there are specific bolt holes in the stand that line up with holes in the keyboard. So that style of wooden stand is made for specific keyboards.

When I went to the Yamaha web site and looked at the accessories for the P-80, no nice stands were listed, which makes me suspect that they didn't make one and that there's not nice bolt holes to attach it to a stand.

This means that Happyrat1's advice of having a friend who's a wood worker is probably the best you can do. A couple pieces of advice.
  1. Let them borrow the keyboard while designing and during final assembly. That way it will be a snug fit.
  2. Without the bolt holes, you'll probably want the stand to be flush against the side and the back. This means that they'll need to cut holes for power and other connectors. Heck, you may even want a lip in the front.
  3. The top of the white keys should be in the neighborhood of 28 inches or so above the floor. Again, they'll need to measure how much space the keyboard itself takes up.
  4. If you're thinking about moving the keyboard by car, talk to them about making the stand collapsible.

Ask a Question