Will Yamaha YC73 be similar keybed action to the Fatar TP40L in my recently-deceased Kurz PC3x?

Reaction score
My Pc3x has finally kicked the bucket. I need another do-it-all instrument and the YC73 is catching my eye. Not as much depth as the Kurz perhaps, but MUCH easier to tweak, and these days I'm more leaning that way. I've had enough of menus; I am sick of having to press multiple buttons just to add a but of chorus or distortion. I want more front-panel dedicated controls.

Does anyone know the keybed specs on the YC73? I really enjoyed the light hammer action of my old Pc3 and I'm looking for something similar.

Reaction score
I would say the YC73 and PC3X actions are kind of similar at least in that they are both above average for organ playing, as hammer actions go.

Reaction score
That Kurz is no longer made; I'm interested in a new board w/ warranty. I suppose I could consider the 2700 but I don't know much about the keybed in it and it's way more board than I need.

Reaction score
K2700 (and Forte 7) would have the same kind of action you like in the PC3X. But then you're back to something menu-based (which you said you waned to get away from), instead of built around front-panel dedicated controls.

As for other 88 possibilities, there's the Nord Stage 3, which has a heavier version of the action in those Kurzweils... not as good as those for organ, but still better than many others. I thought the Kawai MP7 was pretty good for this, but I don't really have experience with the current version, MP7SE. But one thing about all of the Kurz/Nord/Kawai options mentioned is that they have an option for high trigger point, which can help... and even the YC73 does not have that.

Ask a Question