Williams WT-4100

Reaction score
Hello,
i just came across a big old hole in the internet and i could not find any info on this Williams WT-4100 keyboard, it is a rip off of the Casio MT-41 keyboard, but it truly boggles my mind how there is no info on the unit, does anybody have any idea of whats going on?

Edit: maby not a ripoff, but a promo copy with casios blessing? seems weird though...

Attachments

• 1631539858125.png
    1631539858125.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 38

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's not uncommon for other manufacturers to have contracted with Casio to sell them with the labeling and packaging rebranded to reflect the vendor.

Casio had a similar arrangement with Radio Shack in the 90's and nowadays Kurzweil sells rebranded Medeli arrangers as well.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i just spotted it on a finnish forum for used goods, he asked 180 euros for it, it got sold lightning fast, and i slept on it because of the confusion :O
better luck next time i guess..

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Honestly, it probably sold for double what it cost in 1990 or thereabouts.

Unless you are a truly gung ho collector it sold for way too much money and probably will soon require repair and reconditioning anyway.

After 30 or 40 years components begin to fail on those old Portasounds and Casios.

Honestly you'd be better off going for something a little less ancient.

180 Euros would easily pay for a newer model Casio CTK or WK or even something brand new.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yea i know it was more for what the history of the MT-40 had with the sleng teng sound, i would have probably circuit bent it :)
But you are right, im not that upset anymore, thanks for the quick reply anyways!

Ask a Question