Winding Down

Reaction score
I was a bit worried that it might be a bit depressing / Boring or something
There is absolutely no reason that somebody will get a depression or something like that. I find the piece really wonderful and becalming. Did you play the intro - it perfectly represents the song title 'Winding Down' - by yourself? And - I don't own a Tyros - the sax voice, when it gets a slightly vibrato, is this from aftertouch or part of the sampling?

Anyway I like this song and your way of interpretation very much.:)

Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason that somebody will get a depression or something like that. I find the piece really wonderful and becalming. Did you play the intro - it perfectly represents the song title 'Winding Down' - by yourself? And - I don't own a Tyros - the sax voice, when it gets a slightly vibrato, is this from aftertouch or part of the sampling?

Anyway I like this song and your way of interpretation very much.:)

Hi goldi5210
Many thanks for your comments. They actually do mean a lot!
I suppose I have been losing some confidence because I have been putting music on my web site and youTube and people seem to just listen and drift by without leaving any comment whatsoever. Ultimately you tend to think "just not good enough then!". I wiped all of my stuff off of youTube 3 or 4 days ago and then relented and thought one last go then with my own compositions rather than covers.
In answer to your question Yes I did play the intro. I tend to sit down hit the record button and make a live performance. and that is how my earlier recordings were left. Now i do the same but then I then listen to it and either scrap it or think that is worth building on and will then put extra layers on. ie. extra guitars, strings, synth sounds and whatever else I think it needs.
Once again Many Thanks!
Barry
Ps the vibrato on the sax is a bit of both it is already there but barely noticeable according your settings but with aftertouch you can heighten the volume and vibrato

The Y_man

Reaction score
Hi goldi5210
I suppose I have been losing some confidence because I have been putting music on my web site and youTube and people seem to just listen and drift by without leaving any comment whatsoever. Ultimately you tend to think "just not good enough then!".

Unless you are palying to particular requirements (eg I play at church to back the hymn singing), IMHO you own stuff is about pleasing "you". Other people's opinions don't really matter (unless you do it relying on it to make a crust) - and chances are, if it pleases you and you get the satisfaction from it - I am sure others will - although they may not voice it, or even know it's there.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hej, hej Barry,

I just listened to 'Winding Down' again. Marvelous piece also in connection with the aesthetic video pictures.

Give us more of this!

Reaction score
Unless you are palying to particular requirements (eg I play at church to back the hymn singing), IMHO you own stuff is about pleasing "you". Other people's opinions don't really matter (unless you do it relying on it to make a crust) - and chances are, if it pleases you and you get the satisfaction from it - I am sure others will - although they may not voice it, or even know it's there.

The Y-man
Hi The Y-man
You are absolutely spot on. no living required from this as I am retired. many thanks again
Barry

Reaction score
Hej, hej Barry,

I just listened to 'Winding Down' again. Marvelous piece also in connection with the aesthetic video pictures.

Give us more of this!

Hi goldi5210
Many thanks again
I have a new one I am working on so I will put it up as soon as it is completed.
Have a great day
Barry
Incidentally the Video is of our local park winding down in Autumn!

Reaction score
Hi there yeahDoIt
Glad you liked the song
I used to perform years ago but nowadays it is a rarity due to my health being a bit dicky. I am playing for a street party outdoors this afternoon for The "Queen's Diamond Jubilee" so that is a bit unusual for me. Jamming is a bit difficult unless of course there is some online version.
Many thanks again for the comments
Have a great day
Barry

Ask a Question