Wireless Keyboard

Reaction score
Hi!

I am looking for a (preferably afforable) way to play without being constrained to a single place in stage, like a guitar player.
I saw this wireless midi interface and thought about giving it a try, but now I need a battery powered keyboard controller with at least 25 keys to connect to my workstation (fantom-g by the way).

I post to this forum to get some suggestions on available controllers on the market and their prices.

Regards,
Thanks in advance,
LL

Reaction score
If you want to move around on the stage while you play, I suspect that you're looking for a Keytar. Unfortunately, all of them are discontinued, so you will only be able to find those as second-hand items.
And since they can't be bought in stores any more, the prizes are usually rather high (around $2000 for a good one).

That's the only way I know that will allow you to move around while playing.... Otherwise you could try and get a rotating keyboard stand, so that you at least can rotate a little bit, giving you some more freedom :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I know this thread is 10 years old, so the original participants are long gone, but one possible alternative to a keytar is the REVO 1 from Nu-Motion:

http://nu-motion.com/?page_id=1509

It looks very strange, but when you see videos of it being played in a concert then it makes a lot more sense than it does when you see a photo of it sitting by itself.

Ask a Question