wk 3800 date

Reaction score
Have you ever considered running a Google search on the WK3800?It can be found at BHphotovideo.com,GuitarCenter.com,SameDayMusic.com,Sweetwater.com,MusiciansFriend.com.......in fact,you'd be hard pressed to find a music retailer that didn't have it.

Unless you reside in Antarctica,you should have no problems finding one new.

-Elwood

Reaction score
I think the most pertinent question would be; w-h-a-t is he using the keyboard for,exactly?

About 6 years ago,I was starting over from scratch & I needed something to pacify me until I got back on my feet again,so I had bought a WK3800.

Sound-wise,the Casio had some really amazing sounds for $399...in fact,most of the presets blew away my old Korg M1,which I had paid about $1600 for.

In terms of recording though,the WK3800 has 6 tracks of recording,but there is no quantization & no audible metronome.
By that I mean...the Casio has a visual metronome on the display screen,but no sound,whatsoever!:rolleyes:
I went crazy trying to figure out how to turn on the sound....so I called up Casio & I was told that it has a VISUAL metronome!:eek::mad:

So in terms of recording,NO ONE should buy this keyboard,but if sounds are all you are after & you're on a tight budget,then it is an amazing keyboard for that purpose.

-Elwood

Reaction score
visual metronome? is it possible that they were being sarcastic? that cant be true?

i have to be honest i think the sounds on the 3800 are pretty bad however to each his own. although i am a bit fan of the M1 lol

i sappose if your on a budget this isnt a bad deal but if you are planning on being a serious player at some point i think you should go with something else, anything else.

Reaction score
No....Casio was not being sarcastic-believe it or not,as Casio's are simple keyboards obviously & a monkey could figure out how to turn a metronome on,so there's absolutely no logic to it & for some unfathomable reason to every WK3800 user on the planet,there's just no audible metronome,period.

Sounds are indeed-subjective,but only to a point.I've owned both the WK & the M1 & if you yourself,had both keyboards side by side in your room,you would know that for instance,M1's piano samples where the worst samples in the history of electronic keyboards.

The Korg M1 is very old technology,in contrast to the level of technology when the Casio WK3800 was released,which is why a lot of the WK's sounds are more advanced than the M1.
With advances in technology,comes more cost effective methods for furnishing superior sounds more cheaply and the bulk of the expense of the Korg M1,was the fact that it was the first keyboard workstation...the ONLY keyboard to have an 8 track midi sequencer in it.
At the time of the Korg M1,Kurzweil...were the pioneers in revolutionizing sample technology,which(along with being manufactured in the U.S.),made their keyboards radically more expensive(around $10,000) & there were no sequencers in them.

Prior to Kurzweil keyboards,Fairlight keyboards were sampling monsters with amazing quality and with sequencing capability,but they ran around $100,000.

There are more beginners on this forum,than on any other forum I've come across,so it's no surprise to me that a lot of people here gravitate towards Casios.

However though-I would agree,that anyone with a vested interest in music,should go for something like a Yamaha M06,Roland Juno G, or a Korg M50....because anything less,will not inspire anyone,for very long.

-Elwood

Reaction score
Your right elwood, i guess i just have a thing against casio because for what i play and the amount i play they aren't up to par. but for a beginner they would suffice.

Ask a Question