WK-7500 question - sampling?

Reaction score
Hi, I can't find a straight answer to this anywhere: with a Casio WK-7500 will I be able to IMPORT (or sample?) my own sounds onto the keyboard and play them? I remember being able to do that with my WK-3500 by putting the sound on a memory card, then importing it into the 3500. Thank you...

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

No - it can't import samples and map them across the keys for playback. It can record audio AFAIK.

Not familiar with the WK-3500 so don't know if you mean samples or just tweaked internal sounds.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Ironically, it is the lower end CTK5000/WK-500 that has the sampling function. CTK6000/WK6500 and CTK7000/WK7500 do not.

There is no download site for the 7000 series sounds, and while the rhythm sound downloads for the WK3500 can be used from the site, the tone library does not work.

Having said that, your WK7500 is pretty much loadeed with every sound Casio could come up with.

Rememebr that the sounds are programmable and can be saved in the user tones area.

Also, if someone has done a great set of user tones, they can be saved to a SD card or PC as a TN7 file and loaded onto other units (haven't seen a swap site for TN7 files yet!).

The Y-man

Reaction score
Can't more agree with Y-Man.
Tweaking rhythms and tones after some hickups is not difficult. Most downloaded rhyhms will work in the 7500 but tones so far, no I had no succes. But what else in the world is available that is not already in these latest keyboards.

Can't wait to see if someone comes up with 'user-tones'.
It would be interesting to learn 'what did you do and how did you do it and why'.

Regards
DickR.

Ask a Question