wk 7500 vs cdp 220r

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I can't decide which product i will buy.

- wk 7500 has pattern sequencer

- cdp 220r is digital piano but it has many keyboard abilities

My problem is that;

I want to create my auto acommpaniment style (my rhytms) but i don't know how i can do it easily. wk 7500 includes this options (pattern sequencer; i can be wrong because i am amateur)

I don't understand midi program's logics. they looks so complicated, but if i do it via keyboard it could be easy for me.

I am waiting for your advice ...

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Personally I find it a LOT easier to program all of my sequences on a computer program than playing hunt and peck with 50 pushbuttons on an 8 x 100 LCD screen.

Try loading up a free program like Anvil Studio and watch a couple of Youtube tutorials on how to use it properly.

There's a million good tutorials out there that will help you master the software in a few hours.

As for which keyboard to get, it really depends on what you hope to accomplish. If you wish to become a great keyboard player with decent piano skills then definitely go for the CDP with the full 88 weighted keyboard. You can always add hardware modules or software VSTis to it later and it will serve you for years as a decent master controller.

If on the other hand you want to get up and running quickly with lots of canned beats and rhythms and just push a few buttons to create instant, mechanical, sterile house and beatboxing music, then taking the WK-7500 would be a shortcut. It's still a very good instrument, but I take some exception to instruments which play YOU instead of the other way around.

The final decision is yours but it would help if you told us more of what you expect to get from your studies and if these are really the only two choices you will consider.

If you can swing about $1000 I'd say buy yourself a Casio PX-5S and have an instrument you will not outgrow for the next 15 to 20 years, but that's just the gear junkie inside me talking :)

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
Gary,

Thanks for your advices,

i think i'll buy cdp because of it has 88 weighted keys but it has some disadvantages 48 note polyphony and has no pattern sequencer... i will be difficult to create my own rhytms via softwares.

Happyrat1,

Thanks you too,

yes you're right i will need this converter but first i must learn how to create rhytm on computer.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Before you pull the trigger on the CDP 220r perhaps you should consider saving up a few hundred more dollars and pick up something a little more professional which you won't outgrow so quickly.

Take a look at your local craigslist and ebay and see if you can score something professional grade for about the same or a bit more money.

That might be the single best piece of advice I could give you.

A used Korg TR88 or Triton LE 88 these days goes for about $600-$800 and it will blow away both of the keyboards you listed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_from=R40&_nkw=korg+tr+88&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_from=R40&_nkw=korg+triton+le+88&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
OK, since your main interest seems to be mixing beats for dubstep and house music I'd suggest you take a look at the Casio XW-P1 and the Casio XW-G1.

They sell for about the same price and do have both MIDI and USB ports on them.

Later on you would have no problem attaching an 88 Key Novation or Akai or Studiologic controller to either one and then you'd have the best of both worlds buying on an "as needed" basis.

Gary

Reaction score
i have seen this keyboards in electronic shop, they are so professionals for me, i think.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that they require external speakers and amp they are priced at the same point as the WK 7500 and they are more recent entries from Casio.

If your intention is to record beats then either of these can handle the job beautifully and the P1 also has general purpose drawbar organs and sampled PCM sounds as well as killer synthesizer sounds and a 16 step sequencer that's easy and great for arranging beats. I own a P1 myself and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

If you're worried about the additional cost of an amp and speakers you can save a bundle just hooking it up to a set of 2.1 computer speakers with a subwoofer and a couple of adapter plugs.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-GP...1398387314&sr=8-2&keywords=1+4+to+rca+adapter

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY®-Stere...7411&sr=8-1&keywords=3.5mm+female+to+rca+male

Not only will the P1 give you enjoyment for years to come, but chances are it will hold its resale value better over the years as well.

If your budget is fixed around the $500 mark, I'd say this would be one of your better choices.

Gary

Reaction score
Hi happyhrat,

today i went a electronic shop and i saw a ctk 6200. so i like it. i think it's key weight is enough. i don't think that very big difference between cdp and it has more features. you're right so my mind may have been changed...

many thanks

Ask a Question