Wk 7500

Reaction score
Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas hill country
Its been three days now.......
...still in the manual and experimenting......

Things I DON'T like so far:

1. Headphone and memory card inputs are on the back...right behind the music stand.
Gotta take the music off to see/ access...........they need to be on the front!!! (minor hassle).

2. No accompaniment volume control while you are playing !!!???!! I think this can be
set up with the mixer, but I'm having troubles learning how to get that working.....
( Major hassle......).

3. Sound on on-board speakers not as crisp and clear as my 3700. It gets a little better when I go thru my amp ( Behringer 1200 ).

I'm thinkin' maybe I should have waited for some reviews before I bought it.....:(

Reaction score
Its been three days now.......
...still in the manual and experimenting......

Things I DON'T like so far:

1. Headphone and memory card inputs are on the back...right behind the music stand.
Gotta take the music off to see/ access...........they need to be on the front!!! (minor hassle).

2. No accompaniment volume control while you are playing !!!???!! I think this can be
set up with the mixer, but I'm having troubles learning how to get that working.....
( Major hassle......).

3. Sound on on-board speakers not as crisp and clear as my 3700. It gets a little better when I go thru my amp ( Behringer 1200 ).

I'm thinkin' maybe I should have waited for some reviews before I bought it.....:(

Hey Luckydog, it's been 3 days and two weeks now. Impressions? I'm about to buy one myself and was wondering if you've liked it any better...

Reaction score
Hey Luckydog, it's been 3 days and two weeks now. Impressions? I'm about to buy one myself and was wondering if you've liked it any better...

Howdy Crodley !!

Yea, I'm liking it more and more as I figure it out.......
Its just that I'm used to the wk3700...and I'm an old fart who doesn't like changes.

What I was looking for was a Wk model that I could hook up to my computer via USB for recording purposes.
I had two choices.......either a 3800 for $399 or the brand-new "flag-ship, super-duper, 7500 workstation" for $499 (prices thru Musician's Friend). I opted for the 7500.

One problem is that its way above my level.........I'm having to learn a bunch of new vocabulary......"pattern sequencer, velocity value of a note event, DSP", etc etc.
but I'll figure it all out eventually.

Check out: "tutorials for the Casio 7500" on Youtube........there's some German guy who has just recently started translating his toots for the 7500 into English.

For the money.........it appears to be a "kick-ass" machine...

LD

Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Yeah, I've checked out that guys videos, they're interesting to say the least.

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying either the WK-7500 or CTK-7000, myself. I haven't decided quite yet between the two. I am very impressed by the specs and new features (being a former WK-3500 owner). BTW... I'm enjoying the chatter in this forum thread.
WildMan
PX-3
PX-3300

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on buying either the WK-7500 or CTK-7000, myself. I haven't decided quite yet between the two. I am very impressed by the specs and new features (being a former WK-3500 owner). BTW... I'm enjoying the chatter in this forum thread.
WildMan
PX-3
PX-3300

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the two is number of keys, 61 for the 7000 and 77 for the 7500 (and $100)

Here's a link to a bunch of videos about the 7500:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=casio+wk+7500&aq=2

Reaction score
layer and split on a wk 3700

Hi Luckydog. Could you tell me if there is a correct sequence to follow to layer and split the two parts of a wk 3700 keyboard? I cant seem to get both parts layered.

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Luckydog. Could you tell me if there is a correct sequence to follow to layer and split the two parts of a wk 3700 keyboard? I cant seem to get both parts layered.

Thanks

Hey Hughybabes !
(first glance I read "Huggybabe" and thought you might be a "hottie" )

I'm 99% sure that you can only layer the upper split...........
here are your choices:

1. One tone across entire keyboard
2. Two layered tones across entire keyboard
3. Split with two tones
4. Split with three tones, one on lower (left) split and two layered on upper (right) split.

Luckydog

Reaction score
Thanks very much Luckydog. I often get replies to huggybabes; like you they think I might be a hot chick.
You have saved me a lot of frustration..I can achieve those four options. I was trying, in vain to get a layer on the lower split.
HUGHY babes.

Reaction score
Hello to you all,

Just ordered a WK7500 and never had a Casio before. It will take another week before it arrives and I don't know really how it sounds as Casio is not very popular here and hard to find anyhow.
Sinds some years I use/play a Yamaha PSR2000 and I am interested in all the good or bad experiences of you, already Casio-owners.
I don't compare a Volkswagen with a Mercedes but this looks like a heck of a keyboard for the money.

Regards
DickR
Bali Indonesia

Reaction score
LuckyDog, hope you are still enjoying the new board, I am still having some fun on the older WK3800, but not happy as there are no midi connectors on the back for another module or board. Oh well!

Maybe I will trade up to the newer WK7500 later.

Reaction score
WK 7500 - think again before you buy

I just got one today....spent the last few hours with it. First impressions are not good...especially on some basic issues!

Firstly the on board speakers...they are bad beyond a hope of redemption ( higher sound frequencies like high hats , etc. are not heard or are muted) - but things get better when u use an external amp.
The tones are aplenty but almost bordering on useless if you are looking for a good full blooded pad type sound.
Don't even get me started on the Rock guitar sounds - the weirdest thing I ever heard - but then Casio have never been good at that and this one holds up that tradition well

The pitch bender is very slow to return to its original position , slowest compared to any keyboard i have ever come across

Just for reference I use a CTK 711 EX and a Triton LE alongside (and a Korg n364 till last year). I also miss the free session and the option to play either fingered or full range chord I had on my old trustworthy CTK... or did I miss a trick?

I'll keep trying to see what else ti can do for the rest of this week and I hope to find some significant positives.

Its not all bad, but I'd say definitively look around really hard for something else and only if you don't get anything that matches ur budget...well then get this one. Don't buy it because you think its a good quality playing instrument, buy it for all the other features which are actually quite good for a keyboard at this price point.

Well I wish some one who had already bought this keyboard had mentioned some of this before I invested in it, anyways its too late for me now... but buyer beware. I put it at 6.5/10.

I don't see it as a live performance keyboard - it perhaps maybe good for fiddling around with... at home

(God help me)

Cheers all

The Y_man

Reaction score
Firstly the on board speakers...they are bad beyond a hope of redemption ( higher sound frequencies like high hats , etc. are not heard or are muted) - but things get better when u use an external amp.

I too found my CTK-7000 (same as WK-7500 but less keys) to be rather "soft" volume wise compared to my old Yamaha PSR - agree with needing external amp to boost for anything other than playing in a small room. Also the speakers face towards you which might be ok for some, but for me when playing at church, the others can't hear me, and I am deafening myself.

Rememebr with the tones, they can be edited for ADSR, filters, and DSP effects. (albeit with a bit of doing)

The pitch bender is very slow to return to its original position , slowest compared to any keyboard i have ever come across

Intereting observation - I guess I don't use it much at all but didin't notice much differecne from my Yammy, Roland or Ensoniq.

... the option to play either fingered or full range chord I had on my old trustworthy CTK... or did I miss a trick?

Not sure if Pages E-17 and E-26 on the manual covers this need....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hi,
I do agree with the Y_man again. Seperate powered speakers are making a heck of a difference as the onboard speakers sound rather thin and powerless. But I do the same with my Yammie. They are both connected trough a small Behringer mixer.
'Tuning' tones and/or rhythms to taste can be done easy (after some trial and error)
The pitchbend-wheel?? I don't feel much difference wth the one on my PSR2000 but also don't use it much.
It all comes down to personal taste I suppose but I am quite happy with the combination of the WK7500 and the PSR2000. Although it took some time to get 'adjusted' to the different way of 'working' with the Casio.

mjm

Reaction score
Can the onboard speakers be muted?

I just bought the CTK-7000 as a songwriting productivity tool and sometime midi controller. I want to mute the on-board speakers when I'm connecting the outputs to Pro Tools. Currently, the sound from the speakers overwhelms the headphone monitor coming from Pro Tools.

Anybody know how to mute the speakers when the master volume is not at zero?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Function > General >Speaker [on/off] to be pedantic :D

The Y-man

I agree with you:D thats the correct answer but sometimes it can be found easily if a bit of homework is done (a second or 3?) before asking a question.
Manuals for (all) keyboards are in general a pisser to read but this was not dfficult to find and it is clearly stated. Mmmm who is pedantic now....;)
Regards
DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
Manuals for (all) keyboards are in general a pisser to read but this was not dfficult to find and it is clearly stated. Mmmm who is pedantic now....;)
Regards
DickR

On that note though, the telephone directory of a manual they give you for this keyboard I found to be rather more painful than others - probably because it doesn't have an index

I am glad they have the pdf version on the Casio site, because then it's ctrl-F and off you go.....

The Y-man

Ask a Question