wk600 or compatible // pad settings // atmosphere settings // background effect settings // whatever it names

Reaction score
hello toall,

im severally looking for instrucctions, tutorial, etc, about how to configurate a tone in order to use it as a atmospheric background for a song (any song i make)
but i cant find it.

please share to me some tips or suggestions in order to learn how to setting in example a piano or Epiano pad sound, strings pad sound, or any effect to use it as a background.

i hope to be the most understandable possible and thanks in advance for your help.

4rsmet4l

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If I am understanding your requirements correctly what you seem to require is to layer a combination of instrument sounds to produce the overall tone you need.

Pad sounds do have an etherial quality about them and one would be a good base, add to it Movie Strings and Vocal Chorus so you have three layers.

Adjust the volume of each layer to suit and save this layered group of instrument sounds as a Registration or Combi or Soundfont (what the layered sound is called is dependent upon the keyboard you have) and add a Chorus effect to the whole Combi also add Reverb and Echo Delay to achieve the overall tone you seek.

So this would give a calm, relaxing, background and for more aggressive, tense background a mix of other instrument voices would be chosen to make the Combi.

Reaction score
hello toall,

im severally looking for instrucctions, tutorial, etc, about how to configurate a tone in order to use it as a atmospheric background for a song (any song i make)
but i cant find it.

please share to me some tips or suggestions in order to learn how to setting in example a piano or Epiano pad sound, strings pad sound, or any effect to use it as a background.

i hope to be the most understandable possible and thanks in advance for your help.

4rsmet4l
thanks, your comment gave me a"north" to start.

Ask a Question