WK7500 data manager

Reaction score
Hi , I bought Wk7500 2 weeks ago. I cannot get it to talk to my windows XP PC with Datamanager
I always get "communications error". I have tried everything I can think of including changing the driver.
I would relay appreciate any suggestions !
At first I was very dissapointed with it (used to have a basic yamaha PSRE303) but having got used to it I am quite happy with it although the tones are not as good as Yamaha, particularly the stings,

Reaction score
Hej John,
try the Search Forum function here and fill it like following:

Keywords: Datamanager

Posted by member: DickR

You should get ca. 11 answers which give you an idea with the WK7500 and Datamanager.

Reaction score
John

The WK-7500 requires Service Pack 2 or later for Windows XP. Since you mentioned drivers, I suspect that you may not be running SP2. The WK-7500 is fully class compliant and does not require separate drivers. If you are running SP2 or later, XP should not challenge you or attempt to load a driver when you connect the keyboard. If, it does, something is amiss. Also, according to the WK-7500 manual, it will show up as a USB-audio device in XP rather than a USB-MIDI device. I no longer have an XP PC, so I can not check this out for you.

A word of caution about XP Service Packs - Service Packs 1 and 2 were pretty well compliant with everything in the field, but Service Pack 3 had a lot of compatibility issues with most older hardware items (CD drives, SD card readers, USB circuits, etc.), so I would not recommend Service Pack 3 for older PC's.

Good luck !

Reaction score
I read the manual for the data manager and understand what it does to some extent. What do you guys generally use it for?

Reaction score
Is there anything worthwhile to download from the web that isn't already on the standard 7500 palette? If so, what/where?

Reaction score
Haven't found much to my taste (ballady, folksy, acoustic sort of stuff)

The Y-man

Crumbs. That's what I would be looking for, too. Are you speaking of midi files or some other file type that would be converted by the Casio Data Manager?

The Y_man

Reaction score
Crumbs. That's what I would be looking for, too. Are you speaking of midi files or some other file type that would be converted by the Casio Data Manager?

Rhythm pattern files.

eg
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/cms/ctk900wk3200wk3700/musicdata/rhythm/

Oh also, if you create you own rhythm file from a midi file with IDES (a process I documented on another thread), you can use the data manager to copy the file into the user rhythm patches.

I think you can also do this using an SD card.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Rhythm pattern files.

eg
http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/cms/ctk900wk3200wk3700/musicdata/rhythm/

Oh also, if you create you own rhythm file from a midi file with IDES (a process I documented on another thread), you can use the data manager to copy the file into the user rhythm patches.

I think you can also do this using an SD card.

The Y-man
Are all those rhythm patterns in that link **new** to the 7500, or only the ones marked "new", or neither? Many names sound familiar.

Reaction score
The rhythms on the Casio Europe site were for the entire 3X00 line (WK-3000, 3300, 3500, 3700, 3800) and were meant to expand or enhance the rhythm palettes of those units. None of them are direct duplicates of the factory installed rhythms. So far, I have not found a one that will not work on the new CTK/WK-6XXX/7XXX units. I have all 100 user rhythm slots on my WK-7500 loaded with them and wish I had more slots to hold the rest of them. Those rhythms were posted over a period of time, not all at once, so "new" means those that were added later. That "new" was "new" 8 or 10 years ago, so you won't find any of the latest pop, hip-hop, or club-dance stuff in them - just some nice variations to the standard "bread and butter" fare.

Ask a Question