Work In Progress

3dc

Reaction score
Progress report!

Not to brag about but as you guys know I already "mastered" playing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star and Ode to Joy. Today I finally learned how to play ultra simple version of Cat Stevens "Morning has broken" in C- major scale. Tomorrow hopefully its time for "Imagine" from J. Lennon. :cool:
Wish me luck! :)

BTW: Learning music theory and simple songs with music keyboard is IMHO far more interesting then learning this on piano. Put a any voice from the E463 and you can be amazed how songs sounds with different voices. Its like a drug. You can't stop practicing and experimenting. :)

So what about you guys? Any interesting WIP to report? :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Good work!
It is like a drug. Adictive.
The arrangements and variations to tunes that can be applied is endless.

I am currently playing Phantom of the Opera. WIP.
Next I might try this . . This kind of jazzy version. . with percussion.
What a gorgeous tune . .

Picnic.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
where in the world do you find this pure gems?
AUSTRALIA! lol

A decade or two from now I am going to play something like this. Still not at that level. :)
I have been playing for just ONE decade . . Self taught from scratch.
"Imagine" was one of the first tunes i learnt. It will give you a sense of self pride when you accomplish it.

The tunes I play now are a little more tricky but the challenge to play them requires dedication and patience. But such an awesome feeling of achievement and satisfaction when it all comes together.

I have a hobby of collecting old sheet music and I have mountains of it.
The world of music is my oyster.

Love Music, Love Life! Ray

Reaction score
Wow! My son had their cd's.
I think punk! Maybe i am wrong. I am not familiar with their style.
You have me searching now.
Their style is not the easiest to define but they’re essentially a hard rock act with smatterings of hip hop, punk, lounge, metal and a few other eclectic things thrown in.

3dc

Reaction score
My PC decided that this Corona Virus Quarantine is just a perfect time for total PSU break down. No spare parts, no servicing, no nothing. But now I am finally back and on track! :p

Music Bird

Foreign Music Genres Nerd
Reaction score
My WIP is trying to look for virtual jam sessions to record with others. I would love to form a band that does the music I listen to. Problem is I don't know many people who know it or how to play it/sing it (since I listen to mostly non English music like SE and E Asian, Latin, Brazilian, Indian, and Middle Eastern). It may be easy since I live in a really diverse city with people from pretty much every country.

Reaction score
My WIP is trying to look for virtual jam sessions to record with others. I would love to form a band that does the music I listen to. Problem is I don't know many people who know it or how to play it/sing it (since I listen to mostly non English music like SE and E Asian, Latin, Brazilian, Indian, and Middle Eastern). It may be easy since I live in a really diverse city with people from pretty much every country.

Google is your friend.

There are a fair number of just such virtual jam sessions online

Indian Music Virtual Jam

Returns a host of potential groups.

Ask a Question