Working on OBS with USB to HOST on Yamaha DGX660

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Please tell me what I am doing wrong here because I cannot get it to work. Here are the things I've done so far:

1. Installed the Yamaha Standard USB-MIDI driver from http://download.yamaha.com/ (and I see it got installed as "Portable Grand" in my Windows 10 laptop).
2. Connected my DGX660 to Windows 10 64-bit computer using A/B (less than 3 meters) USB cable.
3. Installed OBS from https://obsproject.com/download
4. Opened OBS and tried to add an audio capture
5. Gave the audio capture a name then when it's time to select/find my DGX660 from the dropdown, I can only see "Default" and "Desktop Mic".

How can I get OBS to find my piano?

So I tried another approach:

1. Connected the sound coming out of my keyboard's headphone output to my Tascam US122 line-in
2. Connected the Tascam audio interface to my computer via USB
3. Tried OBS again and it does not get detected. I still only see "Default" and "Desktop Mic" and choosing either one doesn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Romel

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Please refer to this prior post. Don

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Please refer to this prior post. Don

Thank you Don. So DGX660 does not have its own audio interface if I understood that thread correctly. I am just now puzzled with my other approach (connect it to my audio interface) because that did not work either.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you want to send your DGX-660's audio to your computer, either directly or via a USB audio interface, you need to connect a stereo (TRS) audio cable from your keyboard's PHONES/OUTPUT jack to a stereo LINE IN jack on your computer or USB audio interface.

Note that computers normally have a different size jack (about 1/8" versus 1/4"), and may also have separate Left and Right jacks, so you will most likely need a 1/4" TRS to dual 1/8" TS cable, which might be hard to find; when I looked, all I could find was 1/8" TRS to dual 1/4" TS, which is the opposite of what you'd need. You could also use a 1/8" TRS to dual 1/8" TS cable, then use a 1/8" female TRS to 1/4" male TRS adapter.

What I use with my older PSR-E models that don't have USB audio is an inexpensive Behringer audio interface with a special 1/4" TRS to dual RCA cable, which works great, although I see the price has increased since I bought mine:

Behringer U-Control UCA222 (or similar model, like UCA202)
Hosa TRS-202 1/4" TRS to Dual RCA Insert Cable, 2 Meters

Ask a Question