Workstation or Arranger

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm Roger

I'm planning to buy a Workstation with any of these...Yamaha MOXF, Korg Krome or Roland FA to be used in the Church worship. I've chosen this because of its super natural voices and also for its sequencing ability but at the same time I need something that has ability to have easy access to fills, intros and endings as in Arranger keyboards. Is there any option that I can get those in any of the above mentioned workstation? If not, what kind of keyboard I can go for?

I would appreciate your inputs.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Unless you buy a dedicated arranger keyboard (and Yamaha and Korg offer some very good ones), you have other options. First, the software route. You can buy software that works as an external arranger, connected to the MIDI out of your keyboard. One such is Varranger2 (http://www.varranger.com/). A second option is an external hardware module. One company that makes them, Ketron, has several modules at different price points. (http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/products/Ketron/arranger_modules/index.html). Roland makes something called the BK-7m, but I'm not sure what it does. https://www.roland.com/us/products/bk-7m/

When I was considering adding arranger capabilities, I bought the keyboard. But I also wanted a second keyboard. Your needs may vary.

Reaction score
Thanks Fred for the response!!

Sounds good about the option but it looks like an expensive one.......can you name some models that is dedicated arranger as you mentioned (Yamaha or Korg) but I'm not sure we'll get the super natural sounds as we get from workstation.

Reaction score
I just bought a Korg PA1000, the sounds aren’t as good as in my Roland keyboards, but it does some cool stuff,like creating a Style from a midi file, and all of the dedicated buttons for Arranger functions.

Reaction score
RVID2016, have you looked at the Roland BK-7M, it is a arranger backing module, that you can attach to any keyboard or have for any instrument for that matter. Check out the Roland site.
Also, you can use Varranger2 which is a software arranger DAW style on PC. Used your laptop and attach it to your midi controller or any keyboard and you have the best of both worlds. This way you can have a synth and an arranger athough a software one.

Reaction score
I did, many years ago with old dinosaurs Yamaha xs1100, Yamaha xv1000 , Suzuki Gs1000 etc big oldies, now I have to stay in a cage for transport. My dad had a BSA 350 and I think a BSA500 single plus a Indian Scout back in his day.

Reaction score
Hooligan bike in the Gixer..... impressed.

I too have a slab top nowadays, its a case of having to with my old joints, I needed something SUV sized to be able to easily get in and out.

That said I do miss being on two wheels.

Btw my last bike (Triumph Explorer 1200) is shown in my Avatar

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
My dad drove a Norton 500 back in the 50's when he first came to Canada.

Then one day he discovered some gravel on a curved road and slid into a tree at high speed.

Needless to say he sold the bike afterwards and thanked his lucky stars he didn't break any bones :p

There's a running joke among paramedics and nurses in Canada.

They call bikers "organ donors" :D :eek:

Gary ;)

Reaction score
My dad drove a Norton 500 back in the 50's when he first came to Canada.

Then one day he discovered some gravel on a curved road and slid into a tree at high speed.

Needless to say he sold the bike afterwards and thanked his lucky stars he didn't break any bones :p

There's a running joke among paramedics and nurses in Canada.

They call bikers "organ donors" :D :eek:

Gary ;)

Organ donors is the same over here.

Hedging his bets one of my biker buddies is a volunteer delivery rider for the Blood Service, they transport blood and organs as required in the region where we live.

Ask a Question