Would DGX650 really be an upgrade?

Reaction score
I have a DGX 500 which I have been satisfied with for about 10 years. Looking to upgrade. Would a DGX 650 be a significant step or two up. Memory registration would quadruple which would be nice. But would the sonic quality improve much? Thanks from your newest member.

Reaction score
Thanks, Becky.
I just bought the MOXF 8 instead. Sounds amazing.
Now if I can just figure out how to find my way around the thing.

Reaction score
I went from a 505 to a 650 like you suggest - It really is a step up: almost everything is improved. The things that aren't are that it's much heavier and it doesn't have a battery compartment. The stand is less elegant but they must have figured out that no one puts the screws back so there's a little bracket that stops the keyboard from tilting without them. On a scale of 1:10, if my PSR is a 4, the 505 is a 6 and the 650 is an 8..

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You're responding to 3 and 9 year old threads here man.

Check the dates of the threads before you respond.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Actually, this thread is a bit less than 2-and-a-half years old. Whether or not the OP is still around to see the reply, if the topic is relevant to GeraldR, it might be relevant to others. :)

Reaction score
For anyone else, the DGX660 would be a far better buy, as it has microphone capability and a higher spec.

Ask a Question