X or Z stand?

Reaction score
So what do you guys prefer, X or Z-style keyboard stand, and why?. Myself have only been using X stands, so I dont really have a opinion at this moment.

Reaction score
I have several X-stands for different levels, and they're nice and portable. My main complaint is that there not a lot of space for pedals underneath them - I'm forever getting my expression pedal caught on the frame.

Reaction score
It depends on what you need. I use a solid x-stand in my studio, where I'm sitting down, or if I'm going to jazz gigs, and am only taking one keyboard. If playing a show with a rock band, however, I massively prefer to stand up, and an x-stand isn't stable enough, and generally can't even reach. So I use a Z-stand with an extension so I can get my boards at the same relative height to my hands as if I were sitting in front of them.

Reaction score
M...

For a great stand, use Quik-Lock Z stand. Folds up flat, and if you need 2 tier, very easy to attach the top 2 supports. Rock solid. I endorse them ... but I use them with all my touring bands.

best,
J

Ask a Question