XPS-10 additional rythm

Reaction score
Hi,
Can someone help me to acquire additional rythms for my XPS-10. I found the rythms in XPS-10 very limited. The basic 'waltz' rythm is not available. Or, maybe it is helpful if someone can guide me to compose rythm and save to the XPS-10 keyboard.

Thanks and regards,

Francisco

Reaction score
Francisco

The factory preset Rhythm Patterns in the XPS-10 are MIDI sequences, not audio loops, even though they are triggered from the Audio Pads. For those types of MIDI loops, you are limited to the built-in factory presets, as the XPS-10 has no "LOAD" command for loading Rhythm Patterns from external sources. It also has no Pattern sequencer or editor (like the XPS-30) for creating your own User Patterns, and the "SAVE" command is only for saving imported sample files to the USB Flash Drive . . . . and THAT is your solution. You can download audio backing track loops from any number of places on the internet, put them onto the USB flash drive, and assign them to the audio pads. You can use WAV, MP3, or AIFF files, but if you want to use them as continuous loops, they have to be WAV or AIFF, as MP3 files can only be used as "one-shot" samples. Pages 28 thru 30 of the manual explain how to do this. For example, you can buy a CD of audio drum phrases made by Mick Fleetwood (Fleetwood Mac). Load those onto your XPS-10's USB Flash Drive and assign them to your Audio Pads, and Mick Fleetwood (using his own "real" drum set) will be playing your drums for you ! Of course, you can also use fully orchestrated audio backing track loops for fuller accompaniment. Just do a Google search on "audio backing track loops". There will be free sites and paid sites.

Best of luck !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the information.
I will study the procedure you have mentioned to load to my keyboard the audio drum phrases from the internet.

Francisco

Ask a Question