XWG1 Data Editor on my desktop (question)

Reaction score
Hi all, and thanks for any assistance:

(1) Have downloaded XWG1 Data Editor and installed it on my desktop. Haven't tried it yet. But unlike other programmes on my desktop, (like Audacity, when a single or double click opens that programme), my XWG1 Data Editor always appears to be inside a folder. Which then needs to be opened and installed every time, like installing a new with every use programme. Did I do something wrong here?

(2) Have installed XW-G1 firmware (1.11?) and checked my XWG1 to confirm it okay. Having just read some alarming posts here from the guy whose XW was 'bricked' by installing a firmware update. I must have been very fortunate in this regard, as I neglected to disable my antivirus, and ten minutes after updating the firmware, my domestic electricity supply failed. Phew!

(3) Still enjoying getting to grips to with the basics of my new synth. A naïve question if I may: What is the closest a person can achieve to the 'auto-accompaniment' kind of style of the Yamaha PSR range? That is, where backing tracks follow the chord shapes made by your left hand? Is this, or something close to that, possible on this instrument?

Cheers very much

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's the instructions for both Mac & PC. Make sure you followed the steps exactly.

All you should have had to do was unzip the file and run it directly from the created exe in the folder.

Download files
arrow_red.gif
Data Editor

For Windows: DataEditorG1.zip (Ver1.2.0 7.10MB)
line_05px.gif

Installation method:
1.Uncompress the downloaded "DataEditorG1.zip" file.
2.This will create a folder named "CASIO Data Editor for XW-G1" on your computer.

For Mac OS: DataEditorG1.dmg (Ver1.2.0 8.95MB)
line_05px.gif

Installation method:
1.Open the downloaded "DataEditorG1.dmg" file.
2.This will create an image named "CASIO Data Editor for XW-G1" on your Mac.
3.Copy the "CASIO Data Editor for XW-G1" to your application folder.

arrow_red.gif
User's Guide Download (English): DATAEDITORS1-E1B.pdf (746KB)
line_05px.gif

This file is pdf format. (common to Windows and Mac)

Reaction score
Here's the instructions for both Mac & PC. Make sure you followed the steps exactly.

All you should have had to do was unzip the file and run it directly from the created exe in the folder.

Hi and thanks,
It's a Windows 7 desktop. Ta' for posting the stepped download instructions, part of which I must have missed:

"... 2. This will create a folder named "CASIO Data Editor for XW-G1" on your computer...."

Looks like the Editor needs to be accessed from within the folder. Was attempting to drag the Editor out of its folder on the desktop.NoCanDo.png
NoCanDo.png

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All you have to do is open the folder in Windows Explorer, find the program exe and right click on it and select "Send to Desktop as Shortcut"

Then you'll be able to access the program from your desktop without any more hassles.

Gary

Ask a Question