Yamaha Chord Tracker / Yamaha DGX-660 saving to USB or Mac

Reaction score
Hi there, I need some guidance on how to do save a file that was sent from my Chord Tracker app on my iPad to my DGX-660 to USB. I sent the chords into my DGX 660 and I can hear the chords played in the style I chose. But I can’t figure out how to save that file into my USB flash drive. The options under File Control only lets me save User Song 1-5 but this song sent from my iPad has the title of the song listed in my dgx. Sorry if this was answered prior and if someone can provide some guidance or lead me to a resolution. Thank you for reading

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by "this song sent from my iPad has the title of the song listed in my dgx"?

Do you have the Yamaha MusicSoft Manager app on your iPad? It will let you see any files that have been transferred to the internal storage of your DGX-660. I'm wondering if the file sent from Chord Tracker is saved there as a MID file.

Better yet, if you have a Windows computer, you can use the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader to transfer the MID file to your computer, then copy it from the computer to your USB flash drive. You might also be able to use the MusicSoft Manager app on your iPad to do that, but I'm not sure how that would work-- use MusicSoft Manager to transfer the MID file to DropBox, then copy the MID file from DropBox to the USB flash drive, although that depends on whether you have a way to attach a USB flash drive to your iPad.

EDIT: Or, if you have a Mac, use MusicSoft Manager to transfer the MID file from the DGX-660 to the iPad and DropBox, then copy the file from the DropBox folder on your Mac to the USB flash drive.

Reaction score
thank you! I have a Mac so will use MusicSoft manager to transfer my file!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There's a thread about the new PSR-SX Chord Looper feature on the PSR Tutorial Forum, where someone looked at a Chord Looper file and saw that it contains Yamaha Chord events.

There's mention of the Chord Tracker app in that thread, and it sounds like Chord Tracker files might also contain just Yamaha Chord events. It would be interesting to see one of those files if you do find a way to move it to USB.

Ask a Question