Yamaha Chord Tracker

Reaction score
Recently discovered software in Google Play Store called Yamaha Chord Tracker. It converts MP3 files to chords. Loading a file takes quite some time but it seemed to work o.k. It has a possibility to transpose. You can play along with the music. Very useful when you have a song and can't find the chords to go with it. It's free of charge, so it does have some limitations. Connect a phone or tablet to your keyboard and enjoy.

Reaction score
I've been diving into the Yamaha app called Smart Pianist that is compatible with my Yamaha P121 and its chord tracking system (that works for any song in your iTunes library or any mp3 you put into Dropbox) and it really is brilliant. It seems to get 99% of the chords right including inverted bass chords. Its very generous of Yamaha to release a free app that does this for anyone (with or without a Yamaha keyboard) so thanks for pointing this out.

Reaction score
Just looked it up in the Play Store and downloaded it.
I'll give it a try.

The Chief Tracker app also had most of the chords right, but it took me quite some time to get my keyboard and the app in tune.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at it.

Reaction score
Ofcourse I meant Chord Tracker. Spell check is on
How did you connect your iPad to your instrument? Audio out ( two 6.3 jacks) to stereo mini jack?

Reaction score
Connection will depend on your keyboard. My Yamaha P121 has USB audio in/out so the single USB cord to the iPhone enables the iPhone to send digital audio back to the keyboard. If your keyboard has line in inputs then connect your headphone jack on your iPad to the keyboard. If not you will need a small mixer to mix keyboard with iPad.

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but new Yamaha DPs also get three months of Flowkey access, it is not just a learning app but there are also dozens of songs of all levels available to learn.

My P121 was connected via a standard A and B USB cable to an Apple Camera Adaptor which plugged directly into my iPad’s Lightning socket.

Reaction score
Cannot find any info abt the app and is it compatibly can someone help.

Hello. I've been given my grand daughter's Yamaha Piaggero NP-V60 and I found on playstore the app called Yamaha Chord Tracker which I have installed on my samsung tablet s8 lite.
** my questions are,

Will the Chord Tracker work with my music on my Samsung tablet?

Will the Chord Tracker work with my Yamaha piaggero np-v60
if yes, what type of lead- would i need to let Chord Tracker, keyboard and tablet to be all compatible and work together.
My spinal rehab from my broken neck and learning something involving music will help my hands and fingers suffering neuropathic nerve and parathesia.

Really hoping I hear from someone at Yamaha or anywhere pls

Thanx and Blessings,
Jules, app, keyboard and tablet.

JubySuby3006@gmail,com

Reaction score
I realise that the original post may be quite old, b ut I hope my input may be of help to other members. I have used this app on an iPad, a Samsung phone, a Samsung tablet and also a Windows 11 laptop. These were connected successfully to a Genos via my WiFi, it plays MP3s and I have managed to record on the Genos with the app from MP3 to Midi.
I have yet to try connecting to my PSR-S910, but assume it is possible to purchase an adapter which will allow connection via USB.
There are a number of helpful videos on YouTube about Chord Tracker. I still have an issue with certain files which I am at a loss to understand why they will not load into Chord Tracker, I have attached a screen shot of the error and hope someone on the group might have an idea as to how to fix this.
Regards Grandad1946 (AKA Les)

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 6

Ask a Question