Yamaha CP-33 stage piano? can I control decay?

Reaction score
hi all, I am trying to make do with my Yamaha CP33 stage piano but I've always had an issue with the decay. I feel like I would like the notes to linger/sustain longer like a real piano. are there any keys / modes/ functions on the keyboard that will give me more decay of the note? so it lingers and reverberates more?

for example, I went and tried the nord stage piano and you can really hear and feel the decay, you can change if if you like, so the notes hang more in the air like a real piano.

any suggestions? tips?
thank you!

Reaction score
It does look in the manual like it is limited in what you can achieve.

Do check the firmware as with the update installed you get a Supplementary manual and additional sounds can be loaded, maybe these have the sound envelope you seek.

Reaction score
hi all, I am trying to make do with my Yamaha CP33 stage piano but I've always had an issue with the decay. I feel like I would like the notes to linger/sustain longer like a real piano. are there any keys / modes/ functions on the keyboard that will give me more decay of the note? so it lingers and reverberates more?

for example, I went and tried the nord stage piano and you can really hear and feel the decay, you can change if if you like, so the notes hang more in the air like a real piano.
One of the nice things Nord added to their keyboards some years back was a "Long Release" option on the pianos, which does make it more realistic. There is no comparable setting on the CP33, the only thing you can try are the reverb settings.

The CP33 has good MIDI functionality, though. If you have an iPad or iPhone, you can also use the CP33 to play numerous alternate piano sounds from there Ravenscroft 275 is one popular choice, but there are a number of options.

Yep. The difference between a Casio and a MOOG Voyager is mostly how many FX you pile on and the quality of the FX. :D :D

Kinda like saying that the difference between a piano and a Hammond organ is mostly the Leslie. ;-) Really... I mean where do you even begin... a Moog Voyager has NO effects whatsoever... so then you're saying the Casio is a better synth? (That's before you even get to the fact that the Voyager plays only one note at a time... )

Ask a Question