Yamaha CP300 Digital Piano Heavy Keys And Uneven Action

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Yamaha CP300 Digital Piano.
Recently I have noticed that the "A" key above the middle "C" sometimes has a heavier action than the other keys. This becomes very noticeable when I depress the key in rapid succession, such as when used as part of a trill. The key then becomes noticably more heavy, making the trill progressively more difficult to impossible to articulate. After this, the key sometimes returns to normal. This is obviously unacceptable, especially because I mainly play classical piano, which involves delicate keywork. Sometimes the key returns to normal, only for it to feel heavy again, usually after depressing it before. This problem also exists to a lesser degree on the "B" key next to it, and also on some other keys even more subtly.
The instrument is five years old, and has only had light home use, I play with a light touch and look after the instrument carefully.
Has anyone else had this or a similar problem, and does anyone know the cause and a solution.
Sincerely,
Trystan.

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Yamaha CP300 Digital Piano.
Recently I have noticed that the "A" key above the middle "C" sometimes has a heavier action than the other keys. This becomes very noticeable when I depress the key in rapid succession, such as when used as part of a trill. The key then becomes noticably more heavy, making the trill progressively more difficult to impossible to articulate. After this, the key sometimes returns to normal. This is obviously unacceptable, especially because I mainly play classical piano, which involves delicate keywork. Sometimes the key returns to normal, only for it to feel heavy again, usually after depressing it before. This problem also exists to a lesser degree on the "B" key next to it, and also on some other keys even more subtly.
The instrument is five years old, and has only had light home use, I play with a light touch and look after the instrument carefully.
Has anyone else had this or a similar problem, and does anyone know the cause and a solution.
Sincerely,
Trystan.
The leaf spring is flexing Backwards instead of frontwards...has any keys been reset or replaced...very easy fix...no cost

Ask a Question