Yamaha DGX-230 suddenly lost power

Reaction score
We just bought a DGX-230 for Christmas. We set it up, plugged it in, and it worked for about 5 minutes. As we were playing it, it suddenly shut down and now it won't turn on.
We've tried plugging it into a different outlet and it still won't work. The power adapter is the one ordered from Yamaha.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem and we must have had this happen at the same time! My mother bought one for my father and the same exact thing happened. Turned it on, played for about 5 minutes, lost power, wont turn back on. So any help anyone could post would be appreciated!

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem and we must have had this happen at the same time! My mother bought one for my father and the same exact thing happened. Turned it on, played for about 5 minutes, lost power, wont turn back on. So any help anyone could post would be appreciated!

We went to the store and bought the batteries for the keyboard and it started working. Hoping it is just an issue with a bad batch of power adapters. If another power adapter doesn't work, it sounds like it may be an issue with the connection on the keyboard. Crossing our fingers that it is just the power adapter.

Ask a Question