Yamaha DGX 550 Auto Playing Background music during interval proving difficult.

Reaction score
I have put three folders on the USB stick named after three themes. Christmas, Wedding and Birthday. I have put 20 WAV files into each folder. I press BGD and Song and I can see the 3 folders. Only 6 of the 20 WAVs can be seen in the display. Selection one and pressing BGD again plays it perfectly and then stops. I know how to set up random play order but I can only get one WAV to play. The manual does not help me. What do I need to do please?

Reaction score
Sounds like you will have to get on a Yamaha forum to get more info.
Thanks but I solved it. The DGX550 is fussy about file names. I shortened them all removed apostrophes and commas and then it all started to work properly. I have never seen this problem discussed but hey it's OK now, thanks again.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, @AlanOfBayCourt! I'm glad you got it figured out, and that you shared the solution with us. :)

Out of curiosity, is it a DGX-550, or a DGX-650? I don't remember seeing a DGX-550 on the web before; I thought the DGX-530 was the last DGX-5xx model produced.

The DGX-660 and earlier models seem to have a lot in common with the PSR-E models, and I believe the PSR-E models can be picky when it comes to filenames-- although, as you said, I haven't heard much about that particular issue before, other than comments about filename extensions, not the part that comes before the extension.

Ask a Question