Yamaha DGX-620 sustain issues

Reaction score
Ok, first post. Here goes:

I have a Yamaha DGX-620 and I have just purchased a Yamaha FC4 sustain pedal. Yamaha says these two are compatible, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Here's what happening: when I plug the pedal in I get nothing - no sustain, but when I unplug the pedal the keyboard sustains with no pedal at all and I have to restart the DGX to stop that.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I have the same piano. That type display the same feature. Switch on. If your sustain is on without you depressing the pedal, then depress it whilst you switch off. Then switch on again having removed your foot.; should be fine now!

Reaction score
Ok, first post. Here goes:

I have a Yamaha DGX-620 and I have just purchased a Yamaha FC4 sustain pedal. Yamaha says these two are compatible, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Here's what happening: when I plug the pedal in I get nothing - no sustain, but when I unplug the pedal the keyboard sustains with no pedal at all and I have to restart the DGX to stop that.

Any ideas?
I’ve had that happen if I plug in the pedal after I’ve powered up the keyboard. If I plug in the pedal and then power up the keyboard, it’s never happened.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, @Ptylil! Yes, that's a common problem, because if you don't already have the pedal connected before you turn on the keyboard, it can work "in reverse."

Ask a Question