Yamaha DGX 620

Reaction score
i have recently had the right hand speaker to my keyboard fail, i also lost output from right head headphone. - i have a slight hissing sound for the speaker/headphone - can any one advise - the keyboard is now out of warrenty

regards

Reaction score
Depending how long out of warranty it is. From your message I believe the rightchannel pre-amplifier is dead. That shouldn't happen in many years. You can still try to have it repaired under a form of warranty, maybe with a little payment. You can expect a longer life from Yamaha products. Contact them in your area.

Reaction score
A wise thing John. Take it to the doctor and please keep us informed what it was to the benefit of other readers. As you will understand, advice on a forum in these cases are 'long distance' diagnoses.
I hope it is only a minor thing.
Regards
DickR

Reaction score
I have been told by the engineer that that the amplifier board needs to be replaced £120.00. but he is still not confident this will solve the problem - it is a suck it and see scenario :( - i live in hope.

Reaction score
Mmmm, I recognise an unhappy person when I see one. Good luck I hope it is not more than that. Bad enough!
No change they will do it under a sort of warrantee if the keyboard is still young????
I know Yamaha replaced quite a few things 'gratis' when it was a manufactory error or bad construction even when it was out of warranty.
Try it!! It want hurt! You can only win.

Reaction score
I had one amplifier board replaced, but it did not resolve the problem. It appears to be a different board now? - costs now risen to £249.00. I managed to return the 1st board back to Yamaha free gratis.

I need to search the web for this new board, any suggestions?

Reaction score
i searched web for defective keyboards - none available - i also spoke to another yamaha keyboard engineer who advised me to try some "contact lubricant cleaner" on the volume control knob (remove and spray the pot).

i will give this a go?

any suggestions would be welcome.

Reaction score
i searched web for defective keyboards - none available - i also spoke to another yamaha keyboard engineer who advised me to try some "contact lubricant cleaner" on the volume control knob (remove and spray the pot).

i will give this a go?

any suggestions would be welcome.

Yes, give it a try but be careful with spray's as mentioned before, NOWHERE near rubbery parts and it gives only temporary solutions (if at all).
If it is the pot, yes it is possible! It's not too bad. Try move it forward and backward for 30 second with the keyboard OFF. If it is dirt or burnt in on the 'coal'track it might clean it and work again (for a short while) but at least you've tried it.
However if it is the potentiometer you should have noticed it earlier by noise when moving it up or down. Check also the connections of the pot, it is a stereo type and if one connection is loose or has a bad soldering it can give the problem you have..
Guessing of course again.
Good luck John.

DickR

Reaction score
Having spoken to Yamaha direct it now appears to be the pre-amp, not a common fault, need to take to Yamaha who can run a "tracer" over the circuits to confirm.

And so it goes on.

Will report later.

Reaction score
Mmmmm, Dr. DickR diagnosed that in the first place by what you've said.
NOT a common fault, I've mentioned that as well and if that is the case and you kboard is not so old they should repair or replace it for minimal costs on your side. One can expect a longer life in these things from a well known factory.
Fingers crossed John.

Regards
DickR

Ask a Question