Yamaha dgx-630 external speakers

Discussion in 'General Keyboard Discussion' started by Sophia9997, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Sophia9997

Sophia9997

Hello, I have a Yamaha dgx630 which I love especially its sound. The problem is that the internal speakers are too weak in higher notes above middle e5 for example. Will 2.1 computer speakers make any difference? They subwoofer is 30 watts, the satellites are 15 watt each. If no can't you suggest a cheap solution? Thanks!

Sophia9997, Dec 1, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Sophia9997

SeaGtGruff I meant to play that note! Moderator

I'm afraid I can't suggest any particular types of speakers myself, because I don't have any external speakers that I use with my keyboards.

But I believe that most keyboard players who need to use external speakers because their keyboard doesn't have built-in speakers generally use studio monitors for playing at home or in a small studio, or more powerful keyboard amps for playing onstage.

SeaGtGruff, Dec 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Sophia9997

Biggles

Computer speakers, no, not a good idea.

Totally depends upon what you really want and how much is your budget.

A Yamaha speaker and sub-woofer system would be great but that will probably cost more than your keyboard.

Have a look at a pair if 5” M Audio or Mackie speakers both have been often suggested here.

I use a pair of Behringer 8” B108D speakers which I am happy with.

When you do get a pair of speakers if they are still a bit limiting for you the next step would be a Parametric Equaliser (similar to but better than a more usual Graphic Equalizer), this would receive the outputs from your keyboard and then the output frrom the PEq would go to the speakers and a decent PEq would also have an output for a Sunb Woofer if at some stage you wanted to add one.

Biggles, Dec 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question