Yamaha Dgx 630 major key malfunction

Reaction score
GOSH!!! Just bought this Thing. Used but in good shape (from what I can tell). Well my son turned it on just now and all of the D and C keys have major problems. The lowest 2 octaves of each play no matter which octave you play and all D and C keys have max volume triggered no matter how light you hit the keys. What a damn nightmare. Thing is totally useless as it sits. Anyone know how to deal with this. I tried a factory rest to no avail. Thanks - Paul

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Get your money back. The guy definitely screwed you over.

Take him to small claims court if you have to.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
When buying a used keyboard, it's a good idea to have the seller plug it in, turn it on, and demonstrate that all of the keys and other controls work as they should. Any problems should be clearly stated up front.

If you end up being stuck with it, you can try opening it up and cleaning the contacts, or replacing the contact strip if necessary. If you need the service manual, it's available at ElektroTanya:

Ask a Question