Yamaha DGX-630 sound problem?

Reaction score
I have a problem with the sound of the low end keys on the keyboard. They don't sound loud even with the volume on 100%. Is this normal or the speakers are just weak? If I change the weighted key action to off the sound loud as the other keys. Also this happens only to grand piano, live grand and live warm. I have changed the eq settings but sill no change. From the headphones th sound fine and from synthesia too if I put a higher output volume. External speakers doesn't help. Is there any software to boost the sound? Thanks for your answers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
My main problem is that in higher notes the sound that keys make because they are weighted sound more than the actual sound coming from the note played.

This one starts from middle c and its on full volume

and this one starts also from middle c its on full volume and on the main voice volume is on highest as well. In this one i play more softly. Also, is this normal as you can see in the video too, when i pray one key too softly to not produce a sound unless i press it a little harder?

Thank you very much for your answers

Reaction score
I've got to be honest with you, it seems ok to me. I assume you're using the internal speakers, there's only so loud I'd be expecting them to go.

And it's not like you're bashing the tar out of the keybed, you're playing in a quite restrained fashion and getting what appears to be a decent output.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I concur with @CowboyNQ.

There is nothing wrong with the relative volumes of the keys.

Even on a real piano there's a considerable difference in volume between C1 and C7.

Problem exists between chair and keyboard. PEBCAK :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you for answering, I was just too worried because is an old model and it's my first weighted keyboard too!

I concur with @CowboyNQ.

There is nothing wrong with the relative volumes of the keys.

Even on a real piano there's a considerable difference in volume between C1 and C7.

Problem exists between chair and keyboard. PEBCAK :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question