Yamaha DGX 640 vs CP33

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I m new to this forum. I am planning to get one of DGX 640 or CP33. I am not able to make out between these two. I do a little bit of composing and want to advance in that line.What are the strikingly different features that CP33 has to offer when compared to 640. Because, the difference that I find is only in very few number of tones in CP33 compared to DGX. Please help me out guys...

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi, sweetmusic. I am helping my church dermine a purchase between the two, so I have researched and played both. Ultimately, the decision on which to buy depends on your application. The DGX640 is among the highest end of "home" use keyboards. It is also more of a hybrid between digital piano and synthesizer. The CP33 is among the lowest end of "stage" keyboards. It has excellent sampled piano sounds and acoustic piano feel and a few additional sounds to boot.

DG has speakers, CP does not
DG has hundreds of sounds CP has less than 30
CP has MIDI in/out DG does not
CP has separate Left/Right outputs DG does not
DG comes with a stand and foot switch (read cheap) CP does not come with a stand, but with a good pedal

What is your application? Did you buy one yet? Any regrets?

Ask a Question