Yamaha dgx 660

Reaction score
Just purchased this Yamaha for our church.. I’ve got it wired through PA SYSTEM and have to manually go in and turn piano speakers on.. however wine I turn keyboard off then back on again it defaults to PA system only and I have to go back in and manually turn inside speakers on again which is a little bit of an inconvenience.. is there a way to keep internal speakers on as default that way I won’t have to manually turn speakers on every time?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Although certain settings will be retained as part of the Backup parameters when you turn off the keyboard, and will be automatically restored when you turn the keyboard back on, a lot of settings do not get saved that way as part of the Backup parameters.

Some keyboard owners like to set up their keyboard with the particular settings that they want to use as defaults, then they save those settings as Registration 1 in Bank 1. As soon as they turn on their keyboard, the first thing they do is recall Registration 1 in Bank 1 so the keyboard will restore all of their preferred settings. :)

Reaction score
Although certain settings will be retained as part of the Backup parameters when you turn off the keyboard, and will be automatically restored when you turn the keyboard back on, a lot of settings do not get saved that way as part of the Backup parameters.

Some keyboard owners like to set up their keyboard with the particular settings that they want to use as defaults, then they save those settings as Registration 1 in Bank 1. As soon as they turn on their keyboard, the first thing they do is recall Registration 1 in Bank 1 so the keyboard will restore all of their preferred settings. :)
Unfortunately the speakers always on is a feature that ca not be saved in the registration

Reaction score
Try changing the Output Gain from Headphones to Line Out then change the Speaker Control to Always On to see if both these settings are required to enable your system to remember the settings.

I am not a Yamaha fan and this is as far as I can help.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Okay, I had a look in the manual and I see what you mean-- the Speaker Control setting isn't saved in either the Backup data or the Registration data.

However, I do see that the Speaker Control function is the next-to-last function in the Function menu, so that helps to make it somewhat less painful to change it each time you turn on the keyboard:

(1) Turn on the keyboard.
(2) Press the FUNCTION button, which should take you to the first function, Style Volume.
(3) Press the << CATEGORY button twice, which should take you to the Auto Power Off function (first press) and then to the Speaker Control function (second press).
(4) Change the Speaker Control function to Always On.

Reaction score
Try changing the Output Gain from Headphones to Line Out then change the Speaker Control to Always On to see if both these settings are required to enable your system to remember the settings.

I am not a Yamaha fan and this is as far as I can help.
Thank you so much.. unfortunately I tried this and still no luck.. I guess I will just have to manually turn speakers always on every time I boot up ‍♀️.. thanks again for your help

Reaction score
Okay, I had a look in the manual and I see what you mean-- the Speaker Control setting isn't saved in either the Backup data or the Registration data.

However, I do see that the Speaker Control function is the next-to-last function in the Function menu, so that helps to make it somewhat less painful to change it each time you turn on the keyboard:

(1) Turn on the keyboard.
(2) Press the FUNCTION button, which should take you to the first function, Style Volume.
(3) Press the << CATEGORY button twice, which should take you to the Auto Power Off function (first press) and then to the Speaker Control function (second press).
(4) Change the Speaker Control function to Always On.
Yes A little bit of inconvenience but at least the speaker option is close by so you don’t have to search for it.. lol

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
On the PSR-E models you can shortcut to certain functions in the Function menu, then use the CATEGORY buttons to go forward or backward from there to get to the function you want. Unfortunately, the DGX models don't seem to have as many functions that you can shortcut to-- there's the Time Signature and the Harmony Type, but I think that's about it. On the PSR-E models you can also shortcut to the Dual Voice Number and the Split Voice Number, but those settings don't seem to be part of the Function menu on the DGX models!

Reaction score
Were I have my keyboard its hard to get to phones/output jack, I was excited to see always on as an option but then not being able to save that setting is a pain...

Ask a Question