Yamaha DGX-670 Intros and Endings

Reaction score
I just purchased a Yamaha DGX-670. When playing with a style on the keyboard, you can hit the intro or ending button at the desired time and the keyboard does its own thing. If you hit the start/stop button the accompaniment just abruptly ends without a nice substain ending. Is there a way I can get the accompaniment style to end the way I want it to end with just a substain chord ending on the first beat of the measure without the preprogrammed ending the style has that has the bass, guitars, and drums doing some kind of punch on its own?

Reaction score
Press the Ending Button twice quickly will slow the ending before stopping...it does sound a little better.

Reply to say it works for you.

Reaction score
I read that in the manual, and I tried that. It didn’t really give me what I was looking for. I do have the L1 3 pedal sustain pedal. I have not tried it yet. I was wondering if it could sustain the whole band accompaniment?

My thing is if I’m doing several songs in the same style, I may not want them all to have the same sounding ending. For instance if the ending does a quick 4 5 1 ending when you hit the ending button, I may not want that every time. I may want to come from the 4 chord to the 1 chord and let it do the rhythm for a measure and then the 1 chord sustain (full band) for one measure. Surely there’s a way to do that instead of every song having the same ending in the style you choose.

Reaction score
I found this on page 50 of the manual.

NOTE
The Intro and Ending sections feature three types (sets) for each Style. If you want to use a different set of Intro and Ending sections, you can select it on the display called up via [MENU]Cursor buttons [D][L][R] Style Setting, [ENTER]TAB [L][R] Setting2 Cursor button 1 Intro/Ending Set. For details, refer to the Reference Manual on the website.

So what I think it is saying is each style has 3 different endings you can select from. The note then says there is a Reference Manual on the website. In other words, this reference manual has more information on how to do this. I don’t know what website to go to in order to find this Reference Manual. Do you know where I can find that?

Reaction score

NOTE
Download ALL the manuals to your PC or mobile then you have then to hand.

Yamaha for reasons known only to them publish multiple manuals and you have to faff around with them toneven stand any hope of finding the solution you seek.

Good luck

Ask a Question