Yamaha E-453 key problem

Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a problem with certain keys failing to sound the notes. In my case on this Yamaha model (which has only been in use for 7 months from new) all the B keys and F keys have stopped producing a sound.
I have factory reset the keyboard but to no avail.
If anyone can shed and light on why this may have occurred I'd be very grateful for and suggestions as to how to rectify he problem.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
If it is just the B's and F's over the whole board, on all octaves and no other keys play up . . then that sounds weird to me. Not a coincidence but a fault.
Take it back for repair. 7 months old would be still under warranty.
Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I agree with Ray about having it serviced or replaced while it's under warranty.

Also, one thing I can't recommend strongly enough is a good dust cover for your keyboard, because dust and other matter (hairs, etc.) getting inside the keyboard can create problems.

And if you live in an area that has high humidity, you might want to get a dehumidifier.

Reaction score
If it is just the B's and F's over the whole board, on all octaves and no other keys play up . . then that sounds weird to me. Not a coincidence but a fault.
Take it back for repair. 7 months old would be still under warranty.
Ray
Thank's Ray, it's packaged up and gone back this morning, I heard from the supplier this is not the first return of this model with the same problem so a full refund is on it's way.

Reaction score
I agree with Ray about having it serviced or replaced while it's under warranty.

Also, one thing I can't recommend strongly enough is a good dust cover for your keyboard, because dust and other matter (hairs, etc.) getting inside the keyboard can create problems.

And if you live in an area that has high humidity, you might want to get a dehumidifier.
Thank you for your advice, as I've just told Ray, the keyboard has been returned and the supplier has said it's not the first of this model returned with exactly the same problem.

Ask a Question